Let's show some love! What is the thing about the Axe3 that made you grin recently?

Sounding better than everyone else. I do ALOT of discord guitar stuff and using the Axe via usb just beats everyone and their plugins

I have booted my III several times over the past couple weeks with the intention of upgrading the firmware and trying some new toys. And every time, I boot, do a backup, and realize that 2 hours have passed in "testing" my existing presets. THAT's the value. Every update, every feature add, every accuracy increase multiplies value over time. I'm sure the new Stealth models are great and I'm curious to try the Silver Jubilee, but man...if anyone wants to complain, just put firmware 5.0 or so on your Axe and try again. I think you'll realize you've gotten many multiples of value in free updates alone.

Ah, great question. For me it has been the Gold Plate reverb which has been added to every one of my presets at this point AND the Brit 2203 amp. Everything about that amp makes me grin, from following the thread where the purchase was announced to very quickly having it in the box for all to play. Throwing an OD in front has lost me many hours.

I think maybe we should get a moderator to move this thread to the Reviews forum because we're all contributing mini-reviews!

I think maybe we should get a moderator to move this thread to the Reviews forum because we're all contributing mini-reviews!
Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

Marshall 2203 and 2204 models that work. I worked around the lack of a wholly convincing Marshall 2203 tone since I bought my first Axe FX II back in 2016, and I was getting better and better at tweaking other models to mimic specific settings that I've used over the last 30 odd years on my real JMP 2203s. (And was a little embarrassed at how quickly Leon @2112 did it better than me!)

Just over the Christmas break I updated to firmware with the JCM800 2203 and 2204 models included. No deep tweaking needed, they are absolutely spot on. I know it's largely in my head, but I can almost feel the extra ironware in the 2203 compared with the 2204. Massive grin for days!

Liam

I was not playing frequently with dual-amp setup. But when Mark V model came out, I created a preset with Mark IV and Mark V lead bright models panned and was trying to match one with another by tweaking settings. I did not get very close with matching since I lost in a heaven of the wall of sound in my headphones.

Whenever I see Cliff post on here that he fixed a bug an hour after it was reported, or release a firmware update on a holiday, or post that the solution to modeling the speaker impedance heating coil curve negative feedback gamma delta theta interaction came to him in a dream or something.

Whenever I see Cliff post on here that he fixed a bug an hour after it was reported, or release a firmware update on a holiday, or post that the solution to modeling the speaker impedance heating coil curve negative feedback gamma delta theta interaction came to him in a dream or something.
Yeah man, is there a Nobel Prize for guitar gear engineering?

Most recently, and out of very long list... Plexi 50w 6550

Love the new Brit Silver, too, and many, many more reasons, but most recently, that Plexi is just pulling me in every time, at the moment. Part of the fun is seeing how long that will last and wondering what will be next. There is always inspiration here!

These latest upgrades have been great. I think I'm finally getting there after years of struggling.:cool:
Thank you FAS crew, keep up the good work.

Turning up the volume louder than I normally play, and it was glorious! I could really hear it sounding like a real amp. Just amazing.

It's actually the opposite for me :)

I love the ability to play any real amp tone I want (and as cranked as I like) quieter than I normally play. At the wrong side of 50 years old, not playing out and with some hearing loss and tinnitus from years of doing it with the real thing, it's a godsend to me to be able to play through headphones or modest-volume monitors so my head isn't buzzing for hours after

The three 4x12s and six valve amps behnd me as I type this are seriously worried they're going to be evicted soon :)

Back
Top Bottom