Let's see your ride.....

All sorts of nice cars! Used to drive a 2012 Mini Cooper Countryman until we discovered that the previous owner had unfortunately sprung for the cheapest option when fixing the timing system, so it’s done after the shop was pulling all of the broken plastic pieces from the engine that used to be the timing components. But now I’m the guy showing up at the gig in the 2003 Chevy Trailblazer unloading my Axe Fx III, Novo Serus, American Fender Tele, and/or my Les Paul from the “old” car! Really thankful for the Trailblazer actually, as my in-laws gave it to us when the Mini had its issues. Saving up for a house, so a new car goes on the back burner.

All sorts of nice cars! Used to drive a 2012 Mini Cooper Countryman until we discovered that the previous owner had unfortunately sprung for the cheapest option when fixing the timing system, so it’s done after the shop was pulling all of the broken plastic pieces from the engine that used to be the timing components. But now I’m the guy showing up at the gig in the 2003 Chevy Trailblazer unloading my Axe Fx III, Novo Serus, American Fender Tele, and/or my Les Paul from the “old” car! Really thankful for the Trailblazer actually, as my in-laws gave it to us when the Mini had its issues. Saving up for a house, so a new car goes on the back burner.

Those engines, especially the early version, had a lot of timing chain tensioner problems. The later N14 version were a bit more reliable, but FWIW, I'm at 222k miles on my short block and building more power than ever with my R53 and its W11 engine. Glad you had the in-laws to help you out of your jam....

I was that kid who was always walking around my hometown with a guitar case and it never occurred to me to get my license (unlike my brother who sat the theory test the day he turned 15). Despite the fact that I have always loved cars, I went 32 years and counting without being legally able to drive, but I'm looking to change that over the next few months.

After I am licensed to drive a car, I'm looking to get a BMW E30 318i and put Recaro seats in it. Unfortunately steering wheels must have an airbag so a cool Sparco or MOMO steering wheel is out of the question.

That year was absolutely cursed. I bought one new and it was just problem after problem after problem. The only new car I've ever bought, and was still somehow less reliable than my late 80s Jeep.

hand donkey GIF

Glad you got help for your situation.

Back
Top Bottom