Let's see those FM9 rigs!

Nice setup! I have a Rockboard board too. I was wondering if you had found a hard case that it would fit in.

Just get a Peli - bulletproof, and a lot of them have wheels.
Keep an eye on https://www.adorama.com/l/Used/Optics-and-Binoculars/Pelican~Rifle-Scopes-and-Shooting-Gear for good deals. Or take a look at the Harbor Freight Apache cases: https://www.harborfreight.com/9800-weatherproof-protective-rifle-case-long-black-64520.html

Just a few pictures showing, my long awaited FX 9. and my appreciation for and the TEAM at Fractal Audio

"a little disorganized ,for the being at the time "
Just a few pictures showing, my long awaited FX 9. and my appreciation for and the TEAM at Fractal Audio

"a little disorganized ,for the being at the time "
Can you share where you got those knobs on A - E and larger Value wheel?

I downsized my live rig from an AXE-3 & FC-12 to FM9 & FC-6. Everything fits in 2 cases, with 2 cabs, and 2 guitars in a dual case. The boards rest on standoffs to provide storage below.

I had to make some fairly significant adjustments to my live presets to reduce CPU on the FM9, but nothing I couldn't live with, particularly for live playing.

IMG_0653.JPEGIMG_0651.JPEGIMG_0658.JPEGIMG_0661b.jpeg

effective ! How did you fix the materials that the wooden support
A thin frame holds them together.

I noticed the Pelican cases have 4 small indentations molded into the bottom interior. These are about the size of 2x2 material (which is 1.5" x 1.5"). I made a frame from 6mm ply ripped into 1.5" strips. I made feet that fit into the case indentations using 1/4" slices of 2x2, and cut the posts to the length needed to get the Fractal units right up against the thick top lid foam, to maximize space and keep the pedalboards in place. The feet go on one side of the frame, the posts on the other. I used shop-grade CA glue gel and accelerator to put everything together.

The bottom interior foam doesn't need to be thick, as the lower case only stores cables. A single sheet of foam with cutouts for the posts helps hold everything together. A small dab of contact cement on each foot would secure the frame to the case, but I haven't bothered.

Fully loaded, each case is about 32-34 lbs. I've tried to minimize weight and make setup and teardown as fast as possible, and this has worked out well.

FM9T board. Temple Duo “26.5”, Mission SP-1, IEC module with a Pedal Power 2 Plus and Sennheiser EW-D wireless underneath, all powered from one IEC.

View attachment 126022View attachment 126023View attachment 126024View attachment 126025View attachment 126027

Very nice - this is almost identical to the build I wanna put together ... :)

How do you like the EW-D? It looks like you have that going into In 2? Does it sound any different in In 2 compared to In 1 (no Secret Sauce)?

Also, would the screen of the EW-D align with one of the blank panels on the side of the Temple Audio board? In other wordsm pop off the panel and you can see/adjust the settings of the wireless without having to flip the board over?

Well, it arrived. I’m still considering whether I want to even bother with the FC6. I don’t think I’ll need it. I’ll probably go ahead and mount it to the Temple Duo 24 for no other reason than I want to relocate the input jack. Well, okay it also looks cool. Sue me. :)

The EV2s will likely just sit on the floor. However if I do decide to use the FC6, that and the pair of EV2s may reside on a 2nd Duo 24.

Hopefully Chad gets the Skins going soon as I’m looking forward to matching the FM9 to my FM3/FC6 aesthetics.

View attachment 88929

View attachment 88930

Very cool!. How did you attach FM9 to the DUO?

Back
Top Bottom