Let's see those FM3 rigs!

I like it.

I use a Temple Audio board with my pedals to the side in a similar configuration. I’d recommend using some zip ties to attach the two patch cords together where they intersect/cross, and maybe next to where they connect to the FC6. That makes their cables act more like one cable and helps hold the pedals in their same spacing. They can still swing around but at least they can’t crawl across the floor as easily.

If you want to make the pedals act as if they’re on a “flexible” board, use some Velcro hooks on the bottom of the pedal controllers, and some Velcro loop material as a strip between them. It’d hold them together so they can’t stray too far apart, but can still be packed side by side after a gig in their carrying bag or whatever. I haven’t done that but will now. :)

It’s amazing how much sound comes out of that little rig!
Good ideas. I may tie wrap the exp cords. I personally like keeping the expression pedals free to move around with this rig for a couple reasons: I often adjust their position on the fly for comfort depending on where I have to stand and what dominate foot I want (I can do either side). Also, for transport in the same box. I quickly wrap them in a towel and set them in the back of the board before the lid goes on. Then, every thing I need but my guitar(s) is in the box. However, my AXE III setup which is for studio, and certain live situation has a board design that's in limbo, and I may adopt that idea. Thanks!

Finished with my setup for this summer ! The A/B switch for having a separat Boost switch
The Tone Dexter is for my acoustic guitar

Attachments

• 60CD2E61-EE6B-44BC-A816-8ABCB0D49A9F.jpeg
    60CD2E61-EE6B-44BC-A816-8ABCB0D49A9F.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 222
  • E4B1A3B8-A4FB-4A33-813D-A88DC18E5DD5.jpeg
    E4B1A3B8-A4FB-4A33-813D-A88DC18E5DD5.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 209
  • 1439613A-27E2-4033-B606-61E8A3BA07F6.jpeg
    1439613A-27E2-4033-B606-61E8A3BA07F6.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 211
Nice setup..... those Senns, 1 in ear, 1 wireless? Just curious as to why you'd leave em on the board, wanna know your magic!
Thanks! One Sennheiser unit is the wireless receiver for my guitar, which connects to the FM3 input. The other is the wireless transmitter for my IEMS, which connects to the FM3 Right Output 1.

For the guitar I just use the EW 512P G4 system, with a portable transmitter and receiver. It’s intended for film production, but with a few custom cables it has the portability advantages of the el-cheapo plug in wireless systems, while having the reliability and sonic benefits of a high end UHF system... Plus no latency.

For IEMS, I have the EW G4 IEM system with the rack transmitter and portable receiver, but I tend to just use this portable transmitter for the sake of laziness. One of the cool things about the EW systems is that within the same frequency range, all of the receivers and transmitters in the line are compatible. With the IEM + portable transmitter I’m only losing out on stereo, which I really don’t use anyway. I use the FM3 as a kind of digital mixing board for the IEMS, taking in feeds from FOH or ambient mics into input 2 L and or R and mixing them with the guitar signal to output to Output 1 R.

-Aaron

Last edited:
@Xcdchdchjjf How much does that board weigh? Nice rig, but I don't think I'd want to carry it.

That is going to take some work to get it wired up. What kind of cables are you planning to use?
I have a bunch of George L's I wired together.

I too dont know, There are a lot of options this was the one that holds "most" of the pedalboard.

I ordered 4-5 Temple boards and a rockboard, and have a custom 2 tier board. Honestly the process sort of has been making me massively lose inspiration, to buy so many things and none fit. Using the FM3, with a tuner, and volume pedal on a small board changed my thinking and I got into using only 5 pedals. The irony of having "any" option in the world (in the FM3) you realize you just need the most basic pedals. Or, one of each "type" I suppose.

I saw a concert last night and it "inspired" me to put it all on this board.

The tone everyone had was pretty bad (like tubes that need changin) and it made me realize just how good the FM3 is, how "good" I have it... this is the second local concert Ive gone to where I realize what a beast the FM3 is on its own...

I did post on this forum asking if anyone had used the Trio 43 (what this board is) and if its doable etc... Honestly I dont know what I am going to do. Maybe I will just build another custom board out of aluminum which is only two rows, and with risers.

The FM3 is a conundrum because yes it does render all of those pedals moot.

I am on the list for FM9.... that... I cant even imagine...

@Xcdchdchjjf I get what you're saying; Having all of the options in the FM3 kind of makes having a fully loaded pedalboard feel unnecessary (even though it would make a mega rig). It all comes down to whether or not you want the physical controls immediately available, whether you want to offload some effects to save CPU, or if you want an exact sound that you don't know how to replicate with the FM3.

I prefer to go all in the box (no external effects) with the FM9 or Axe-FX III because it is so elegant and it sounds great. I can see how the more limited processing power and smaller size of the FM3 make it more appealing to run some external effects. If it were my rig I'd try to pair it down to only the external pedals that I couldn't replicate with the FM3 and that I know I'd use frequently. That way it would fit on a smaller board.

So cut my Pedalboard because too much unused space and too large. (from 31,4 " to 21 ")
Working fine for me.
Switching from Vol to Wah Block via control switch and Button 2 on FM3 if preset is selected.
The small HB power-amp is loud enough and used for redundancy or sometimes for cab at home. (plugged to Out2)
The Moog EP-3 pedal seems durable and making a good job.
The MIDI-Commander clone also working fine without issues so far (nearly 2 years now) and used for direct select scenes - Tap/Tempo an preset cycling.
I may add a small wireless system in future.
FM3-Floorboard.jpg

Back
Top Bottom