Let's see those custom builds

Smittefar

Axe-Master
I have three guitars that were custom built for me. 1x Rahbek S-type (alder body with maple cap, and a roasted flame maple neck), a Dahlberg Vega (ash body, maple neck, and ebony board) and a Dahlberg Contour (korina neck and body).
Today, I bought somebody else's custom build. A H.M.H. (this guitar company is now called Hansen Guitars) with a walnut body, a Schaller Floyd, and EMGs (S and 81 I believe)

All four guitars were built by Danish Custom Shops
IMG20240509182420.jpg
IMG20240509182518.jpg
IMG20240509170224.jpg

Last edited:
My made totallyF8A164AD-FE23-4F93-9D4B-276C738CADA9_1_201_a.jpeg from scratch to my specifications hybrid of a Gibson L5-S and a Les Paul. The shape and super thin body of a L5-S but made with a mahogany body and neck with maple cap of a Les Paul . The L5-S's were all maple. Seth Lover pickups

IMG_1582.jpeg

IMG_4735.jpg

My two custom builds.

First a Gil Yaron '59 Les Paul replica. Obviously the burst is a known formula but there were still some options to choose from - the top (I think he sent me pictures of more than 200 tops to choose from), the finish, pickup voicing, neck carve, frets and so on.Gil's reputation is justified and it's just a sublime guitar that does everything a Les Paul should.

Second, a Probett Rocket which really deserves a better photograph. These are an inspired combination of Gibson and Fender designs - the Strat and Tele influences are obvious, but they have old growth mahogany body and neck, 24 3/4 inch scale length, set neck - so structurally closer to an SG than anything. There's a lot more opportunity to customise a Rocket so there are versions with different pickup configurations, different bridges, and obviously the aesthetics are all up to the customer. Also a fabulous guitar; it's very versatile (I asked for push-pull switches to add the neck and split the bridge, with a 5-way allows for 11 pickup combinations), exceptionally well built and joyous to play.

I hear ya - My first custom build was also because I wanted a strat, but I wanted it to play like my PRSs. (this was before SilverSky and Fiore)

Back
Top Bottom