Let me see if I got this right...

Microdomus

Inspired
Installed the FW.10, and the "revamped" patches that went along with it. Sounds really good, BUT(incoming noob Q, please do forgive)... that fizzin`sound that exists in the background of nearly every patch(at different levels), I guess is the amp simulation?

If so, is there a way of turning this off? Maybe a way to turn it off on all patches?

Thanx! ;)

It's difficult to help you without more information. But anyways: Try making your own preset from scratch, making sure your are following the FAS guidelines about input gain, gain staging etc. And if your pickups are hot, turn down the gain and/or the input trim in the amp block. And for [whatever deity you may or may not believe in]'s sake, use proper monitoring. Still an issue?

(Prøver ikke å være frekk med denne posten. Det er imidlertid ganske ofte slik at det er enkle "nybegynnerfeil" ute og går, og du sier jo at du er en "nybegynner" :) )

Well, that`s going to extremes! FW.10 noob I should say! ;) The issue is, after the update the patches are as expected, different. However, they all do have a layer of noize on top. This I gather is the amp simulation...? I did try turning the MIMIC off, tripode hardness down, AC to DC, etc, etc... didn`t change the sounds much at all.

There is nothing wrong with the PUs, nor my setup in general. Interacted just fine yesterday(before the FW.10)...

Last edited:
As I said in my post (in Norwegian), I didn't meant to be rude in my post. But it was difficult from the OP to get a grip on what could be the issue (i.e. a "newbie" doing a "rookie mistake" or an experienced user having to do minor adjustments).

Nevertheless, a still valid question is what your monitoring solution is.

I'm just trying to help you out, as I find FW 10 to be magnificent!

If I could record at this present moment, I would record these "sounds" and we`d have an answer right away...

(Oppfatta deg ikke som frekk, la smiley`n der strategisk for å dempe uttrykket mitt noe. Takker for alle bidrag :) )

Go play on un-Godly loud stages in a hard rock band for about 10 years. You won't hear it anymore. On the downside you won't ever hear it anymore :-|

Back
Top Bottom