Let’s see your les pauls

IMG_2071.jpeg

My flamey R8. I literally went to the guitar store to buy strings and the salesman (who I’ve known for years) puts this in my hands and says “You’ve got to play this!” This was one of those experiences in which you know you’ve got something absolutely special in your hands. I couldn’t leave the store without it and had to apologize to my wife. Although in my defense, I technically did buy some “new strings.” 🤷🏻‍♂️

I forgot about this one. I'm not really a whammy bar type of person but I thought this would be a "What if Eddie played a Les Paul" type of guitar. I wish that when I ordered it that I had chosen a lemon unburst finish. It plays nicely but I prefer the idea of being able to use 2 pups.P1050006.jpgP5020001.jpgP5020002.jpg

Not a Gibson though, correct ?
No, I had it specially built as a one-off, but the builder added a Gibs*n headstock overlay. I did not specify this, but once done I just accepted it as it was. It cost a lot more than some of the Gibsons that I own. It has one of the nicest necks I have ever held, more 58 style than a 60 model, it is fairly heavy (as all LP's are) but I can't get away with the Floyd Rose (or any whammy). I am planning on trying to have another one built in the same style, single pup but with just an LP junior wrap-over bridge (if that is the correct term). In lemonburst. My fave finish for LP's.

I had this Gibson Les Paul Std 2012 but I sold it some years ago. I regret that I sold it :(
Very nice and versatile guitar.

1335.jpg

My humble 1978 gold top (les paul deluxe), and its sibling a fender ultra. Love the fender as well. A lot of the presets people work with of the fm3 are based on strats so it is nice to have one. The fractal buttery has both a self describing name and sound that works with the goldtop 👍.

Attachments

• IMG_1758.jpeg
    IMG_1758.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom