Les Paul

I'm still researching between getting an Agile, Dillion or an Xaviere. If they are not for me, with the price, probably no big deal.

I have a Les Paul Lifeson model that I rewired to 50's specs. So sweet it's hard to put down. My other guitars are very jealous of her.
IMG_20130926_181145_212.jpg

I do tend to dial in the XY amp blocks to work with the neck and bridge position on my les Pauls. The neck position seems to be very bassy in Lps so I bump the treble and mids a bit on the amp for that position. Another perk of having the fractal setup. You can dial in presets for different guitars and even different poisons/pickups to make everything sound top notch.

Congrats on the new LP. I've got an '81 custom that has been with me from the beginning. I've had other guitars come and go but this one is going with me to my grave!

Nice color, nice top, nice case love the white lining but I'm strange like that. How does it smell??? I love the smell of a new guitar more than the new car smell which is crazy good. Wish you well with it and lots of inspiration.

ery8u8e2.jpg

My LP trad pro in Pelham blue

Congrats on the new LP. I've got an '81 custom that has been with me from the beginning. I've had other guitars come and go but this one is going with me to my grave!
I feel the exact way about my 80 Standard which has been with me from the beginning.

I have a Les Paul Lifeson model that I rewired to 50's specs. So sweet it's hard to put down. My other guitars are very jealous of her.
Yeah me too both my Les Pauls are 50’s wiring, something I only recently adopted over the past year and for the life of me can’t figure why I didn’t do it sooner. But in this case better late than never.
Hello All,

Well I have finally gone and purchased my first ever Les Paul. I got the 2013 Les Paul standard, and I have to say that I honestly had no idea what I was missing.
First off congratulations! The thing about Les Paul’s IMO, when you find that special one there is nothing like it. Which is kind of the reason that over the past 30+ years I only have two. I have played hundreds over the years, a few needed attention right off the rack others played well but just didn’t “grab me” As you figured out these two grabbed me :mrgreen I have a friend who is not a Les Paul guy but always plays my 80 and loves it something about it he cant put his finger on it.

The Sunburst is my 1980 and the Custom is a 2007

I have a very special 2002 Standard, that was purchased new and is my first and only LP. I had a buddy at GC hook me up by calling his guy at Gibson and ordering me a standard with a 50's neck and honey burst AA top. I thought I was getting a standard, but ended up getting a LP5+, which is a LP Standard Plus, with 50's neck, and AA top. It has BB pups, Kluson Keystone tuners, and amber bell knobs. I was going for Jimmy Page big time!! It's color seems to have lightened in the last 11 years, which I love.

It's all stock except that I put on treble bleed caps from Stew-Mac which is essential for me and potted the pups because they were not potted originally and squealed like crazy. Some of my favorite tones are a Marshall type amp, medium-higher gain, both pups on, volume knobs rolled back to 3-4. Amazing. Instant Di Meola.

With all my amps, and definitely with the Axe, it is one of the most transparent guitars I own. It lets whatever amp your using really shine through. It sounds amazing with any of the Marshall type amps, but sounds excellent clean on the 59 Bassman as well. I've thought about upgrading the pups, because I was looking for more and better, but can't decide, so I just keep leaving it as is.

LP (2).jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom