AFIII Lera Lynn - "My least favorite life" (Strat into Deluxe Reverb with corresponding DynaCab)

kit dunborg

Inspired
“my least favorite life”
written by Lera Lynn, Roseanne Cash and T Bone Burnett
Lera Lynn is an awesome and independent artist who has much more great music to offer in addition to the lovely tune I am covering. If you find the time, please drop by her pages and concerts and enjoy the vibes!

Love Lera Lynn, I was out of town bored and walked in off the street when she was playing a theater in Athens. Her band, songwriting, and singing blew me away...lots of baritone guitar.

Hi Kit,
Lovely sound! It’s so bright for the bridge pickup. Which preset is it? Also, you have great rhythm- thanks for sharing.
Pauly

“my least favorite life”
written by Lera Lynn, Roseanne Cash and T Bone Burnett
Lera Lynn is an awesome and independent artist who has much more great music to offer in addition to the lovely tune I am covering. If you find the time, please drop by her pages and concerts and enjoy the vibes!

Love Lera Lynn, I was out of town bored and walked in off the street when she was playing a theater in Athens. Her band, songwriting, and singing blew me away...lots of baritone guitar.
I hear ya! She definitely has her own thing going on! Saw her twice, once in a duo and this year with her band and it was really cool both times.

Hi Kit,
Lovely sound! It’s so bright for the bridge pickup. Which preset is it? Also, you have great rhythm- thanks for sharing.
Pauly
Hi and thanks!
I am on the neck pup here, but I believe this is what you ment?
It's really just a deluxe reverb in the corresponding dynacab. If it helps I can upload the preset?
Happy Saturdaying!

Hi again Kit,
Yest that’s what I meant 🤪
The preset would be great thanks! I have a feeling you have tweaked a few things as if I just load the deluxe reverb and dynacab, it sounds a lot darker.
Thanks again
Pauly
Hi and thanks!
I am on the neck pup here, but I believe this is what you ment?
It's really just a deluxe reverb in the corresponding dynacab. If it helps I can upload the preset?
Happy Saturdaying!

Hi again Kit,
Yest that’s what I meant 🤪
The preset would be great thanks! I have a feeling you have tweaked a few things as if I just load the deluxe reverb and dynacab, it sounds a lot darker.
Thanks again
Pauly
Here we go! I hope it works for you! :)

Attachments

• for pauly.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 13
very nicely done… Lera Lynn features pretty prominently in the second season of True Detective as a singer/guitarist in a dive bar. She performs ‘Least Favorite Life’ and a couple others, I’d never heard her/of her prior-stirring, haunting stuff. Great choice to cover. 👏🙏

very nicely done… Lera Lynn features pretty prominently in the second season of True Detective as a singer/guitarist in a dive bar. She performs ‘Least Favorite Life’ and a couple others, I’d never heard her/of her prior-stirring, haunting stuff. Great choice to cover. 👏🙏
Thank you!
Yep, that dive bar in True Detective is where I encountered Lera Lynn for the first time as well!
It's funny how she introduces this song live (and I am paraphrasing):
"This is a song I wrote for "True Detective" ... they say season two is the best...."
Though, i do have a bit of a bad conscience, because I feel this is her "hit" and she's too good to only be associated with one song. Her albums and music are very original.
But then again, "my least favorite life" was co written by Roseanne Cash and T Bone Burnett and it's such a great piece of music...

Back
Top Bottom