length of IRs in the Axe-FX

jeremy.c.

Forgive me if this has been covered, but I noticed that when I mixed an IR from redwirez using a room mic with some natural reverb in it, I can hear the room reverb when using the .wav file in Boogex, but when I load the sysex files into the Axe-FX there is no reverb.
Is this the result of the Axe-FX needing a truncated file? The eq'ing sounds the same, it's just the length of the reverb.
Thanks!

jeremy.c. said:
Is this the result of the Axe-FX needing a truncated file? The eq'ing sounds the same, it's just the length of the reverb.
Thanks!
Yes. The IRs used by the AxeFx in the cabinet block are 1024 samples long.

jeremy.c. said:
Forgive me if this has been covered, but I noticed that when I mixed an IR from redwirez using a room mic with some natural reverb in it, I can hear the room reverb when using the .wav file in Boogex, but when I load the sysex files into the Axe-FX there is no reverb.
Thanks!

1024 samples, which is about 21.33 ms long.

ok,thanks for the rapid responses. this puzzled me for a few days, but I thought there was something about a 1024 sample length limit, I just didn't realize how short that really was.... Too bad because I created a killer Weber Blue with a nice room tone and I had to record without the room reverb last night because I had to do the IR in the Axe-FX... oh well.

jeremy.c. said:
ok,thanks for the rapid responses. this puzzled me for a few days, but I thought there was something about a 1024 sample length limit, I just didn't realize how short that really was.... Too bad because I created a killer Weber Blue with a nice room tone and I had to record without the room reverb last night because I had to do the IR in the Axe-FX... oh well.

Why didn't you record with the axefx cabs disabled and then add the boogex cabs in your DAW?

too_much_power said:
[quote="jeremy.c.":1g2kg1q9]ok,thanks for the rapid responses. this puzzled me for a few days, but I thought there was something about a 1024 sample length limit, I just didn't realize how short that really was.... Too bad because I created a killer Weber Blue with a nice room tone and I had to record without the room reverb last night because I had to do the IR in the Axe-FX... oh well.

Why didn't you record with the axefx cabs disabled and then add the boogex cabs in your DAW?[/quote:1g2kg1q9]
That would have been ideal and how I do it at home, but I wasn't recording in my DAW and the guy I was recording for uses a board and monitors through that, not the DAW. Oh well!

Back
Top Bottom