Left channel XLR out suddenly not working

Spawn2031

Inspired
Hey guys, I've got an issue that cropped up suddenly with just one of my XLR outs not working. It was working fine at home, take it to practice and all of a sudden nothing is coming out of the left channel XLR jack. I've tested the cables and they are fine. The way I have been running is sending one XLR out to the board and the other to my monitor. If by chance the left channel XLR jack is broken somehow, I know I can get around that by using the output 2 jacks and run them to my monitor but I'm really hoping that's not the case. Do you guys have any suggestions for me to try? Is there a setting within the axe or within a preset that could mute this output jack?

All presets not working?

Yeah, the problem appears to persists across all presets so it's likely a global issue. The one thing I didnt get a chance to try yet was to create a blank patch and see if the problem persists, but I expect it will.

Trie an other rca ?cable

I tried using the cable coming out of the right XLR (which was working) and tried it in the left output and still got no sound out of it. I also took the cable that was originally coming out of the left XLR and ran it into the soundboard with a mic attached to it and got sound, so it appears the cables aren't the issue.

Ok, so even more freaky now... I go home last night completely prepared to check out what I hadn't checked that was mentioned here, set my rig back up and everything is working perfect. I've had my axe for 3 years now without a single issue, anyone have any kind of clue of what could possibly have caused this to happen or should I just count it as a glitch and count my lucky stars that nothing is actually broken.

Faulty cable or the jack needs cleaned.

When the problem was actually happening I tried another cable that I knew worked and it still had the issue so yeah, maybe a dirty jack. It looks clean though and 90% of the time it's always got a cable plugged in so I dont know how dirt could have gotten in there. I rarely remove them. Still, what's the best way to clean that kind of jack, just in case?

When the problem was actually happening I tried another cable that I knew worked and it still had the issue so yeah, maybe a dirty jack. It looks clean though and 90% of the time it's always got a cable plugged in so I dont know how dirt could have gotten in there. I rarely remove them. Still, what's the best way to clean that kind of jack, just in case?

DeOxit, there are different kinds of it, I think I have the gold kind. Can get at electronics places, or amazon. Good to have around for guitar output jacks and cleaning dirty pots.

You need to plug in, play, unplug, plug in with a different XLR, play, repeat to see if it’s an actual issue. Trying it once here and there won’t troubleshoot it.

What was on the other end of the XLR cable when it wasn’t working?

You need to plug in, play, unplug, plug in with a different XLR, play, repeat to see if it’s an actual issue. Trying it once here and there won’t troubleshoot it.

What was on the other end of the XLR cable when it wasn’t working?

In this circumstance I had the right XLR going to the board and the left XLR (the output in question) going to my monitor. I tried swapping cables and playing several times but eventually since everyone was waiting on me, I said screw it and just plugged my monitor into one of the aux sends on the board and ran it that way. It got us thru practice at least. the one thing that I didn't think to try while I was experiencing the issue was to power cycle the Axe.

In this circumstance I had the right XLR going to the board and the left XLR (the output in question) going to my monitor. I tried swapping cables and playing several times but eventually since everyone was waiting on me, I said screw it and just plugged my monitor into one of the aux sends on the board and ran it that way. It got us thru practice at least. the one thing that I didn't think to try while I was experiencing the issue was to power cycle the Axe.
You’re certain nothing was wrong with the monitor? Volume down or something?

Back
Top Bottom