LED Screen Plastic

LED Screen Peel Away, On or Off?

• On

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • Off

Votes: 73 68.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I took the AxeFX (Ultra, then II) out of the box, connected the necessary cables, flipped the power switch, verified that everything functioned properly, then took the peel-away plastic cover off the screen. I do this with all new electronics. I like that products are protected during manufacturing, QC, and packaging but I want to be able to see what I'm working with. I have proven to be protection enough for the electronics that I employ.

This said I see nothing wrong with taking advantage of the protective film that ships adhered to new economics. It's extra protection which might help to maintain excellent resale value. Seems to me nothing is lost keeping such protection in place.

Heh, left mine on too (and my Ultra, which is boxed up currently, also still has its on). Apart from it now being a kind of in-joke, I have no idea why I have an impulse to leave the protective screen on some electronics and not others. I still have the film on my crappy little WD-TV SMP, but took it off all my other electronics. I'm sometimes also guilty of leaving manufacturer stickers on things like guitars: I finally peeled the "Custom Shop" sticker off my LP R8 a month ago, after owning it for over 9 months. I think my Schecter still has a sticker on the back. :)

Perhaps it's the size: in all these cases, the sticker/plastic is small, and not obtrusive. And perhaps it's a way of mentally reassuring myself that I like to keep my gear in good condition.

I took mine off straight away and replaced it with a protector for a Samsung phone which i cut to shape. is invisible on the screen.

Regards,

I pulled it off immediately. Looks terrible on there, blurs what's already a low-res screen, and it's just for packing/handling purposes anyway. I can't imagine it adds any resale value to the thing.

You'd be surprised how many people re-selling theirs use this as a sales pitch, as if a thin slice of plastic were actually going to do any "protecting" against any legitimate threats against the screen.
Besides, if you're a home-only player, who cares, and if you gig, that's what rack cases are for. Notice the two black metal ears with pre-drilled holes on the sides :p

But I digress... OFF for me on day one... but the guy I bought it from had left it on, so maybe it is a commitment thing.

Well, it is an expensive toy. I'm sure there's some feeling about original packaging adding to value, sorta like Malibu Barbie in the original box. "I swear my dog never licked her face! Or... anything else..." But, I still think it's a bit silly. I wanna use it and be happy, not fight with packing materials forever and a day. Reminds me of grandma's house with the plastic on the furniture. What's up with that? You bought good furniture, and now you wanna make it uncomfortable and unattractive? What's the point? Could've gone to Gardner-White and bought some garbage and it'd be more comfortable.

I think of those plastic screen protectors the same way I treat a scab. Just leave it alone. It will fall off when it is ready.

I bought a second unit and left the plastic on so I could tell it apart from my old unit. The old one isn't a Mark II so I could tell them apart that way but its more fun to have one with plastic and one off. How can I vote for or against in this situation?

Back
Top Bottom