Learning curve

I've been a user for six months and still feel overwhelmed sometimes by the number of options.

For the past week I've been trying to focus myself in two ways:

1. I'm working on specific cover songs and trying to create patches that get as close to the album as possible, rather than trying to come up with a single patch that can cover as much ground as possible.

2. I created a bank of patches with specific amps and added effects that complement them. Again, trying to get a great sounding patch that doesn't necessarily have to recreate every possible sound in my head.

There is something to be said for simplicity though. While it's nice to have a tool that you can spend months creating all kinds of new sounds, it does take away from playing time. A guitar into an overdrive pedal into a small tube amp doesn't have enough options to keep you tweaking for more than a minute or two, and you end up playing more.

There is definitely a learning curve. But you can make it as complicated or uncomplicated as you want. If you want to keep it simple you can and will still get great sounds. If you want to dive in and get into scene controllers and modifiers and dig into deeper paramerters they are there waiting for you if you want. That's the beauty of Fractal gear.

There is a learning curve, but it's a fun curve. You can explore without saving just to see what happens, and that experimentation beats anything you can glean from a manual.

Back
Top Bottom