LCD Bleeding/Wonkiness

Hi there,

I've been experiencing some LCD problems and i wonder if there's a fix for it.

The problem starts to appear after the axefx is used for 2-4 hours.

0WWsPXo.jpg
^ "-" appearing next to the C, "NOTE" and config and offsets tab are not appearing right either.
iGnEi1F.jpg

3YmvEQ0.jpg

dTccehv.jpg
LCD Bleeding in the right side of the screen.
dhKvzQL.jpg

Thanks in advance.
Teo

Looks like your LCD needs a re-seat of the ribbon cable. Actually a well-known issue with the non-XL Axes.

Thanks, i've done that.

Some additional craziness:

View attachment 26808

My brand new XL+ is doing EXACTLY this. It's random and usually occurs about every +/- 10 minutes. Crazy stuff.
I shut off the unit, restart and all is ok until.....
When I first purchased my XL+ there was another issue with the LCD which required having to mail back the entire unit.
So, IOT avoid being with out the device again, do you think re-seating a cable could be a fix?
I may have to contact support and create a ticket, but if it's just a cable issue, well, what do you think?

EDIT: added image

(I don't have a video, but the screen is going crazy.)

Attachments

• 20150628_164215_zpshwggtwgb.jpg
    20150628_164215_zpshwggtwgb.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
My brand new XL+ is doing EXACTLY this. It's random and usually occurs about every +/- 10 minutes. Crazy stuff.
I shut off the unit, restart and all is ok until.....
When I first purchased my XL+ there was another issue with the LCD which required having to mail back the entire unit.
So, IOT avoid being with out the device again, do you think re-seating a cable could be a fix?
I may have to contact support and create a ticket, but if it's just a cable issue, well, what do you think?

I would contact support again! taking it apart may void any warranty!

As I said; most of the time, it's just the ribbon cables not being properly seated. Just open the Axe and push the connectors to the display back in. They tend to get loose after a while.

If you still have warranty, contact support first. Chances are they will instruct you on doing exactly that.

As I said; most of the time, it's just the ribbon cables not being properly seated. Just open the Axe and push the connectors to the display back in. They tend to get loose after a while.

If you still have warranty, contact support first. Chances are they will instruct you on doing exactly that.

Sure hope the fix is as simple as that... fingers crossed

I get the same thing thing(the wonkiness). I thought I had it resolved after getting a new ribbon cable but with a little bit a time, and it's not predictable when it occurs...the same problem rears its ugly head.

I'm reluctant to send it in for service because it is intermittent. I'm thinking service may not be able to even detect the issue, because it is intermittent. So I'm in a quandary and unable to fix it myself. Kinda sours me a bit on this unit. Not to mention the cost of shipping and repair, whatever that'd be.

*edit - "sours" a bit strong:lol.... pisses me off and irritates more appropriate.

Last edited:
Made contact this morning with FAS Service & Support -- they really are in my experience at the top of customer service I've ever received.

Will re-seat the cable tonight and hopefully that will do the trick :)

@teokiatuan: hoping your issue is resolved fast!

Ever so often when I leave the Tuner on while playing I get a goofy screen too, but never outside of the tuner. This has been happening since firmware 9 or 10, been a while but I didn't notice it happening when I first received the unit or even prior to firmware 9 or 10.

Opened the magic unit tonight. Everything (both LCD cable ends) was seated tight.

While the top cover was off the unit I checked the other cables and they, too, were super tight and well-seated.

I am a little concerned and I just want to avoid sending the brand new unit back a second time for the LCD screen issue.

We'll see. After checking the seating I fired the unit up (no guitar plugged in) and the screen appeared normal. At any rate, because I was so desperately wanting to avoid the hyroglyphic screen of death, I screwed the top cover back on and tucked her back into the rack case for the night without playing through it.

After all of that I fired up the 50W Glaswerks and all was right in the world again.

Opened the magic unit tonight. Everything (both LCD cable ends) was seated tight.

While the top cover was off the unit I checked the other cables and they, too, were super tight and well-seated.

I am a little concerned and I just want to avoid sending the brand new unit back a second time for the LCD screen issue.

We'll see. After checking the seating I fired the unit up (no guitar plugged in) and the screen appeared normal. At any rate, because I was so desperately wanting to avoid the hyroglyphic screen of death, I screwed the top cover back on and tucked her back into the rack case for the night without playing through it.

After all of that I fired up the 50W Glaswerks and all was right in the world again.
Even if the cables sit tight, just move them out a bit and push them back in.
It's a connection issue. Sometimes, even the slightest pull/push in the right direction will fix it.

Made contact this morning with FAS Service & Support -- they really are in my experience at the top of customer service I've ever received.

Will re-seat the cable tonight and hopefully that will do the trick :)

@teokiatuan: hoping your issue is resolved fast!

Still haven't received a reply from FAS since my initial log of the problem on the 30th of June. :'(

That's unusual if you opened a support ticket to not recieve a response of some sort within 24 hours.

You contacted them through Fractal Audio - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software and not the forum, correct?

yup. i have logged a ticket through that site. got an auto-reply - we will reply within one business day - too.

Got this on my XL 2/3 times , i just reboot and it work ...

yeah. most of the time rebooting works for me too. but i'm hoping that the fix is actually very fast and easy. its just abit annoying.
I'm based in Singapore so its not very economical for me to send the unit back.

Back
Top Bottom