Bug? Layout Links in Per-Preset

jordikt

Experienced
Layout links seems to not work in per-preset switches. I tried using per-preset overrides and per-preset placeholders, but both configurations are not changing the layouts.

This is the tap/hold configuration of my Per-Preset Switch 2:

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-09 a les 18.36.11.png

There are the Layout Links of my Per-Preset Switch 2:

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-09 a les 18.36.24.png

When I tap or hold the switch, the song changes, but the layout doesn't change in my FC-12.

PS: @ZenRigs Man posted a similar bug here, but I wonder if he is using an FM9 or another device.

youre not alone, this is indeed a bug. it's never worked for me since firmware 5 actually, the day I've had it.

layout links work fine on normal regular layouts, but on per preset overrides, the layout link options in there, just get completely ignored. see my posts about this that I've posted today.

"glad" - to find someone else with the issue too.

It's a race condition bug. If the PP# function causes the current preset to change (preset select, inc/dec, song select, etc.), it is changing presets before the layout link has a chance to fire. Because the preset changes, so do all the PP# settings. If the destination preset has a layout link set for that same PP#, it will actually fire that one instead. If the PP# function doesn't change the current preset, its layout link will work normally. I'm able to recreate the issue with my FC-12 and Axe III, so I believe it affects all the FM and FC units. @Admin M@ @BryantP any official word on this bug?

It's a race condition bug. If the PP# function causes the current preset to change (preset select, inc/dec, song select, etc.), it is changing presets before the layout link has a chance to fire. Because the preset changes, so do all the PP# settings. If the destination preset has a layout link set for that same PP#, it will actually fire that one instead. If the PP# function doesn't change the current preset, its layout link will work normally. I'm able to recreate the issue with my FC-12 and Axe III, so I believe it affects all the FM and FC units. @Admin M@ @BryantP any official word on this bug?
yeah this is what Chris said too, the per preset override is firing before it has a chance for the layout link to get in.
If this is the case, I've had this issue since firmware 5, the day I got the unit.

Back
Top Bottom