LATENCY Out of Control

treid

Hi everyone hoping someone can help me. I am trying to record via the USB . I have followed the suggestions and still have very High latency rates. Using Cubase 6 to record. I have a firepod that has a latency of 6. But when I try and record with AXE II . I start out with a latency of 50 at defaulat settings. I have to adjust settings to SAFE/256 buffer size to get 7 ms of Latency. Im using windows XP and have the current AXE USB driver installed. I also changed my system to use the axe II asio as the main audio. I was really hoping to utilize tha axe II for all recording... Any suggestions and Thanks !~!!!!

Is the latency the result of Cubase or is there always a latency issue? Are your monitors connected to your computer or the Axe-fx? I would suggest using the Axe-fx as the audio interface. The following is from my post when I had a similiar issue (although not with a DAW):

"I had the same issue in the past. My Problem & solution:

Problem: Delayed guitar signal was the result of: Guitar > AFII > USB Cable > Computer > Delayed Guitar Signal Out Of Computer Monitor.

Solution: Go into the computer:

Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Sound: Manage Audio Devices > Playback Tab > Made the AF II the Default Device

The result is the computer monitors turn off and I am able to hear the tracks & my guitar thru the AF II headphones.

In Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Sound: Adjust System Volune > Volume Mixer I am able to adjust the audio track volume against the guitar for balance."

Instead of headphones, plug the computer monitor into the headphone jack of the AFII and presto. No latency."

I hope this helps.

I had the same problem mate, I use ASIO4ALL to manage my audio devices. (It's a free program that runs in the background)
When I use my DAW I set ASIO4ALL as my main audio device.
ASIO4ALL should be running when you plug in a audio device like Axe FX. From ASIO4ALL I can set the Latency.
It works like a charm for me :)
ASIO4ALL - Universal ASIO Driver

IMO, a buffer size of 64 is the max setting before latency becomes a serious issue; a buffer of 32 is preferable. Personally, if I *had* to go USB to record, I would find a way to monitor live, such as going (analog) out to a power amp + cab (and then mute the recording track). YMMV, of course.

I had the same problem mate, I use ASIO4ALL to manage my audio devices. (It's a free program that runs in the background)
When I use my DAW I set ASIO4ALL as my main audio device.
ASIO4ALL should be running when you plug in a audio device like Axe FX. From ASIO4ALL I can set the Latency.
It works like a charm for me :)
ASIO4ALL - Universal ASIO Driver

Hey Spazi, ASIO4All is a generic drive allowing non-ASIO gifted hardware to use the ASIO protocol. If the audio device (Axe-Fx in this case) is natively ASIO-compliant, then its driver already supplies the ASIO services to the computer. Treid wrote he "changed my system to use the axe II asio as the main audio".

IMO, a buffer size of 64 is the max setting before latency becomes a serious issue; a buffer of 32 is preferable. Personally, if I *had* to go USB to record, I would find a way to monitor live, such as going (analog) out to a power amp + cab (and then mute the recording track). YMMV, of course.

I have been recording like that (not USB though) monitoring with a mackie mixer etc, analog outs-Studio monitors connected to the mackie. Never , ever a latency issue and as you said this would also work with the USB for record.

By chance, is the track your running to in cubase routed to the main outs or thru a submit or plugins? I've seen guys do this by mistake and it introduces heavy latency.

Hey Spazi, ASIO4All is a generic drive allowing non-ASIO gifted hardware to use the ASIO protocol. If the audio device (Axe-Fx in this case) is natively ASIO-compliant, then its driver already supplies the ASIO services to the computer. Treid wrote he "changed my system to use the axe II asio as the main audio".

I am aware of that viabcroce, But this I use it anway because I think it does the job better than the ASIO protocol inside of the Axe FX 2.
And the interface is so much easier to use. And A lot of people who had issues with latency and the Axe FX 2 uses Asio4all since it gives a better performance latency wise.

ASIO4ALL will let you use multiple devices while using the native ASIO drivers in the axe-fx will not.

Back
Top Bottom