Latency on looper launched over MIDI

lauke-lux

Fractal Fanatic
I had this patch that worked out wonderful in V11 but does not seem to synchronize anymore since I put in V12 in the magic machine. I use a FCB1010 using switch nine to start loop recording and then repush the same button to stop the recording and start replay the loop immediately. But now when I pusch the button there's a latency of close to 3-400ms that fucks up the whole thing. It's a song of Anouk and I use the looper to pick up the backing for the solo part in the end.
Is there anything wrong in the patch (pls find joined hereto)à or is there something else going on in V12 ?

FW12.02

Nothing connected to Axe Fx.

Hoping to get a solution soon.

Cheers

Attachments

• Nobody`s Wife.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 1
Thank you so much for having taken some time for my problem. Putting off quantize did solve it. I'm not sure whether I changed it or if it's a standard setting that came back after an upgrade to V12 (worked perfectly in V11). It's possible that I made some changes while editing the patch for another song of the same singer (Anouk, It's so hard). I discovered the looper in stereo couldn't hold the entire loop on this song so I put it in mono, but I didn't have this synchronizing pb until upgrading to V12. The patch dates from mai this year and think it was V10 by then. I also noted stereo undo is enabled; must have done some "wild tweakings" ;-). BTW I don't even know the difference between these 4 modes (mono/stereo/mono undo/stereo undo) but will check up the manual or the wiki. Thanks again for your help.

You don't need to run mono, going in stereo without undo will probably suffice.

Correct, found out this in the manual this morning and corrected already. Howbeit, mono could have done it as I balanced the loop replay almost completely to one side 'cause our bassist needed to have more volume on his side in order not to get totally nuts and for a smoother transfert to the loop backup in case I'd have a small "footage" problem on ending the loop recording. Shit happens :).

Back
Top Bottom