Latency/audio gap when switching Scenes/Tap/tempo FW15

ezvictor

Inspired
Axe FX 2 Firmware 15.02
MFC-101 Firmware 3.0
Connected with an ethercon cable.
CPU 80-83% depending on preset

I get an audible gap or sound interruption when I use "Tap Tempo" on the MFC-101. I also get a gap switching scenes. I use scenes 1-5. 1-4 are just various bypassed effects. Scene 5 is an X/Y amp.

Any ideas on settings that I need to check?

Do you have Axe Edit open? I noticed the same thing when switching scenes, but it went away when I closed Axe Edit.

Yup. I've had this too. On a few patches I actually got very strange sound artifacts when switching from dirty back to clean. Very disruptive and nasty. Try disconnecting from the computer. Makes the problem go away.

Also, different (won't cause dropouts per say) but related to scene/preset switching is that transitions are smoother if you pay attention to the mute settings of certain FX blocks, like delays, reverbs, and so on. Try "Mute-FX IN", and match up your scenes somewhat with those.

do you have a delay or reverb block in series that also switch X-Y [even if they are muted]?

Out of curiosity, what's the CPU % use of this patch?

edit: nevermind, I see you posted it.

Can you post the patch that is giving you trouble? I can check it out and see if it does it on my system.

Out of curiosity, what's the CPU % use of this patch?

edit: nevermind, I see you posted it.

Can you post the patch that is giving you trouble? I can check it out and see if it does it on my system.

Yes
That's a good idea. I will do that.
I won't be able to get it posted until the 15th.

Please stand by...

Sent from my iPhone

Well...
The problem seems to have solved itself. OR it is intermittent. I know longer get an audio gap when Tapping for Tempo. Scene switching also has no gap. X/Y amp is hard to tell and I am really listening for it so...

Back
Top Bottom