Las Vegas AFX II Summit?

NickSwampMKE

Inspired
I originally posted this in the lounge, but it's getting almost no views there.. so here's a hopeful repost:

I've been brainstorming, trying to come up with a way to do this and want to know how many locals we have here or people who would want to come out for a day of tone tweaking, patch sharing, monitor and rig comparisons, etc.

The best place I can think to do this is the big room at local rehearsal studio, MDV. Its a decent sized room, for rehearsal, but could only probably accommodate up to 20 or so people.

The cost there is $25 an hour, however, I'm there a lot, so I could probably work out a day rate. The place is clean and volume is a non-issue.

Thoughts?

-Nick

Nick Burbey Guitar Instruction - Media
www.facebook.com/nickburbeyguitar

January seems far away, but maybe a good idea to do it after the Holidays? It's good for me, no January gigs.....Just not Namm weekend!:eagerness:

My band practices at MDV, so that works. The other place does look nicer and has much better overall accommodations. MDV has a couch and some chairs in the room, at least, and enough room. Either way would be cool, and I'd love to do this. I have a Matrix Q12a cab that I'd love to compare to a CLR to see if it's true that they sound almost indistinguishable or not.

Do either proposed locations have a PA system and mics for Backing tracks or a Speaker? or Wifi?

Cool..........Wifi would be cool. We could post pics, videos, updates, and patches, etc.....as they happen?

Oops, I forgot. What Happens in Vegas.....Stays in Vegas.:devilish:

Wifi, Check........... Parking, Check............ Full PA, Check........... Back Line, Check?..................Drums, I thought this was for musicians??:eagerness:

I'm in, ........................I posted this in the old post in the "Lounge"........

............."The first Axe-fest was supposed to have a "Patch first-aid" station to troubleshoot patches brought in on USB sticks or in their Axe-FX. If the issues are figured out, the "Repaired" patch is loaded back on their USB stick or in their Axe-FX to take home along with the new knowledge. I would volunteer my time for this. My self-contained rig would be perfect for this and I enjoy challenges. MFC-101 setup issues could be tackled too. But for this they would need to bring their MFC (preferably) or a dump file to load into an other unit."...............

Maybe a "Show us your patch" section? Volunteers could show off some of their best patches. Have a projector hooked up to a laptop with Axe-edit so everyone can see the patch. Play a little sample along with a backing track, or not? Then run through the entire patch including internal and external controllers and answer any questions. Maybe even show some "before" and "after" "first-aid" station patches?

Didn't get much traction? Any excuse to roll to Vegas.............I'm still interested.

Just put "Mark Day" or "Firmware 18" in the title................:eagerness:

Back
Top Bottom