Las Vegas AFX II summit?

NickSwampMKE

Inspired
I've been brainstorming, trying to come up with a way to do this and want to know how many locals we have here or people who would want to come out for a day of tone tweaking, patch sharing, monitor and rig comparisons, etc.

The best place I can think to do this is the big room at local rehearsal studio, MDV. Its a decent sized room, for rehearsal, but could only probably accommodate up to 20 or so people.

The cost there is $25 an hour, however, I'm there a lot, so I could probably work out a day rate. The place is clean and volume is a non-issue.

Thoughts?

-Nick

Nick Burbey Guitar Instruction - Media
www.facebook.com/nickburbeyguitar

I would consider making the trek to Vegas for this. I'd be a lot more tempted if M@ was going to attend. He's a wizard with the AxeFX, and I'd really appreciate his insight along with the rest of the proceedings.

Way in!! I got 2 thumbs up from the wife:encouragement:.....For the record, she will not be at the event.;)

2 1/2 hour drive......

It would be nice if we could do it in a large conference of meeting room at a large hotel. maybe get a group rate? If enough people are attending the conference room might be really cheep or free? Spouses or whatever staying right there. Keep your gear in your room before and after. Just a thought............

The first Axe-Fest started out like this, but took on a life of it's own once Fractal was officially on board. People put in a lot of work into it, and they were amazing. But I was looking forward to a smaller, more hands on, user event.

A local rehearsal studio might be a lot easier to set up? Security might be an issue? like breaking for lunch or something. I would not be to comfortable leaving my stuff there with someone that I just met.......:shock.

The first Axe-fest was supposed to have a "Patch first-aid" station to troubleshoot patches brought in on USB sticks or in their Axe-FX. If the issues are figured out, the "Repaired" patch is loaded back on their USB stick or in their Axe-FX to take home along with the new knowledge. I would volunteer my time for this. My self-contained rig would be perfect for this and I enjoy challenges. MFC-101 setup issues could be tackled too. But for this they would need to bring their MFC or a dump file to load into an other unit.:shock

I hope that I don't have a gig that weekend? Only 1 in Nov.... I in Dec.... Jan. NAMM.... Feb. None

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom