Larry Mitchell in Durham, NC Friday night 5/18

zionplayer

Inspired
To all my NC based Fractal Peeps - I came across a Facebook post where Larry Mitchell mentioned being in Durham, NC this coming Friday night. Did some looking and found it under https://www.intgs.org/ . Looks like a cool event/workshop with some great players - ticket purchased. Looking forward to seeing Larry, Tom Quayle, Ben Lacy and many others. I had not heard about the event, thought maybe I should post here as well. I also might just be behind the times...

some big time players there. Sharkey and Kerry Smooth are great R&B/gospel players. Gouce and Fitzgerald are some of the nastiest bassists alive. Calvin Rodgers is a legend on the kit. to name a few

I've attended and it is amazing. Sitting down with Paul Jackson Jr, running around to guitar stores with Mark Lettieri, Andy Wood, Tom Quayle and Bob Lanzetti in my car...lol. Sharkey, Erick Walls, sometimes Eric Gales...seriously great guitar playing and education.

Yep, that was a great couple of days soaking in knowledge from these guitar greats. And great guys, willing just to hang out and talk, sharing the stage and encouraging each other, pushing each other. Will do this event again next year.

Oh, and Larry killed it, of course, Best tone of the night IMO. AX8 for the win...in the hands of a master.

Back
Top Bottom