Laney LFR-412

A 4x12 cab's design affects the sound just as it is. I'm thinking that if you want to use 4x12 cab IRs then the Laney would kick some major… uh… air and sound great, but if you need to sound like a Pignose or Champ it's going to be fighting with its own acoustics.

There’s 1x12 and 2x12 versions as well.
I think that's where I'd look, or a 1x10 or 2x10 cab, if I was looking for something different than what I have now. And, I'd want to try the RED SOUND MF10s if I was looking for something with more punch than the ELIS.8 or EVs.

the cabs can't be too bad, if i recall correctly, when i saw the aristrocrats back in october, guthrie was using 2 laney fr-212 behind him.

I feel that some companies still don't get it that one of the reasons that players opt for digital solutions it's beacuse of practicality.

A huge monolith like that (while it defitnely may be extremly fun to play with) defeats that purpose. Theres a good reason why those Fender FRFR were so successful.

If i would comit to something like this, i might as well still keep luging tube amps and huge pedalboards to gigs.

That said, i think that the FRFR "guitar cab" style will be a future trend from now on. We will see a lot of compannies in the future givving their take on this. It's one of those few guitar related markets that still hasn't got a lot of options out there ( i mean the guitar like cab FRFR).

Back
Top Bottom