Laney LFR 112 vs G66 MF.10

Polluxx

Does anyone have a comparison to the two FRFR cabs mentioned?

I already have an MF.10 and love this cab and would need a second one for the rehearsal room, but I don't know if the extra 300 euros is worth it or if the Laney won't do as well

I have the Laney and ordered a pair of MF10’s to upgrade my tone. Was not impressed at all. They are slightly less trebly than the Laney but not the amazing difference I was hoping for. I returned them and have a pair of CLR Neos on order to see if they are better.

I haven't used either one of these cabs but I do know you want something flat as possible. I have used a CLR for a little over a year and own EV which are very close in response. I cant emigen FAS would carry an FR solution that wasn't up to the task of being flat. Way too many people with tools to reveal the true nature of a speaker's response. Redsound is claiming 60Hz-20Khz +/- 2 dB, those are pretty close to CLR specs!

If the MF 10 sounded darker that the Laney with the same preset sound like the Laney might be hyping the highs.
I have heard the Laney in videos but that doesn't always help because you are listing to someone else's preset and guitar. That said if the speaker you are using doesn't have a huge responce or phase issue one should be able to get it to sound the way they want it to using a "little" EQ.

I had the Laney 112 and found it loud but boxy sounding...probably due to the shape of the boxy enclosure.
I now have a FR10 and a PXM-12MP and I just got a Blueamps Junior, they are all great and I like them much better.

I should add that I also had the Laney 8" FRFR and it was fine, not boxy at all....

Last edited:
I had the Laney 112 and found it loud but boxy sounding...probably due to the shape of the boxy enclosure.
I now have a FR10 and a PXM-12MP and I just got a Blueamps Junior, they are all great and I like them much better.

I should add that I also had the Laney 8" FRFR and it was fine, not boxy at all....
Laney is only showing a 112, 212 and 412 solutions! I don't see an 8" offering.

Back
Top Bottom