Hey refrigerator rack organization fans, Daniel here. I've a question perhaps touched upon elsewhere, but taking a chance on starting a new, targeted thread.

I've noticed that in multiple schematics of Michael Landau, Bradshaw rigs from the 80's and 90's that the Dytronics Tri-Stereo Chorus is used to split the signal to feed the stereo pitch detune and stereo reverb units running in parallel before the delays.

From what I can discern, the left wet and left dry signal go in mono to the input of one stereo unit, and the right wet and right dry signal go in mono to feed the other stereo unit.

So here are the questions:

1) Was that the actual routing or perhaps just an artifact of third-party interpretation of schematics passed around over the years, from clinics and otherwise?
2) Was taking one side or the other of the Dytronics simply done out of necessity to split the signal, or, does it have more to do with phasing issues introduced by the Dytronics, preference, or something else? (Perhaps the downstream units lacked true stereo inputs?*)
3) Does anyone know if Bradshaw or Landau were to recreate the original rig in the Fractal world, would they likely just feed the detune and the reverb with stereo output from the tri-chorus to each, or would they maintain the mono in found in the schematics?

Thanks in advance for replies, and thanks to those that have documented the schematics I've seen. I won't drag their names into my question at this point, but I really appreciate the work.

Last edited:
*Looks like the PCM70 had a mono input and the Eventide H3000 had dual input channels. Those units were "unobtanium" to me back in the day. I'm not familiar with them personally.

Back
Top Bottom