Bug? Lag/odd behaviour on MFC since upgrading to 11.x

jkstraw

Inspired
Hi - I came here tonight looking for help with some odd behaviour since upgrading to 11.0 - currently on 11.03 with MFC 2.18. If I step through patches 000 - 004 I observe the following - repeatable behaviour.

000 -> 001 = no lag display change to "001 - MY_PATCH_NAME"
001 -> 002 = brief (as in milliseconds) display change to "002" then back to "001". About 1-1.5 seconds of lag then "002 - MY_PATCH_NAME"
002 -> 003 = brief (as in milliseconds) display change to "003" then back to "002". About 1-1.5 seconds of lag then "003 - MY_PATCH_NAME"
003 -> 004 = brief (as in milliseconds) display change to "004" then back to "003". About 1-1.5 seconds of lag then "004 - MY_PATCH_NAME"
Same for all banks.

Edit: Some settings in the midi I/O menu are as follows:

Chan = omni
Thru = on ( I control a GCX switcher via IA 1-5 on the MFC) - though I have tested with this set to off and with GCX midi disconnected with no affect to the issue.
Program Change = on
Map Mode = none

Any other information I can provide including a video of the issue - I would be happy to provide.

Guess I am alone on this one :(

I will log a ticket with support and update with the resolution/outcome.

Are you running Axe Edit when this is occuring? I've noticed that making changes via foot controller with Axe Edit running will cause delays/gaps.

Are you running Axe Edit when this is occuring? I've noticed that making changes via foot controller with Axe Edit running will cause delays/gaps.

Thanks for the response - I am running it without the Axe Edit. It is just the AxeFX and the MFC and some Ethernet. I tried new Ethernet and a full reset on the MFC.

thanks again!

SOLVED

Posted the issue to Fractal support and got a quick and accurate response. The following setting: I/O menu => MIDI page => "IGNORE REDUNDANT PC "

This is by default set to "OFF". Setting this to "ON" fixed the issue.

Tip of the hat to Fractal support for some great service - A+

Back
Top Bottom