Kudos to Hunter for Shiva Rock Tone

Dpoirier

Fractal Fanatic
I don't usually have much luck using downloaded patches as-is, but I still benefit a lot from them in various ways (using sub-components of a patch, or learning how others set up signal chains or controllers, etc.)

Out of curiosity, I grabbed Hunter's Shiva Rock Tone from AxeChange. Holy smokes, that tone rocks!!! I needed to adjust a few things here and there to better match my guitar and FRFR system, and also adjust the controllers for my setup, but it sounds great! A lot more balls than anything else I regularly use, so it'll be a great addition. This will probably be a frequently used tone (and a building block for other patches).

Check it out, it's worth it.

Thanks Hunter!
Daniel

De rien Daniel, les kudos, c'est très gentil.

In fact since I made that lucky find (BigHair with Wrecker) I also can't stop playing :O)

Could you upload your FRFR version to the Axechange? Guess that would make it more compatible for some other users up here.

Did you also use it with the 2 wahs at the same time? How do you like them?

Great to hear it works for you, I tried it, and couldn't really get it to sound right for me.

I know the patch is tweaked for guitar cab, what cab did you end up with?

It was way bass heavy and not very crunchy at all.
Both the wahs were on and the drive was off, the Soldano amp was bypassed.

I am not sure if this was the intended setup or not. I tweaked it a bit and found it to sound OK, but still need to work on it some more ?

I am using QSC's with a Les Paul loaded with a bridge JB, what are you using ?

btw thanks Hunter for the patch, I hope discussion like this doesn't discourage you or anyone from putting up patches. I really like the way you explore the possibilities in the Axe !

gittarzann said:
Great to hear it works for you, I tried it, and couldn't really get it to sound right for me.

I know the patch is tweaked for guitar cab, what cab did you end up with?

It was way bass heavy and not very crunchy at all.
Both the wahs were on and the drive was off, the Soldano amp was bypassed.

I am not sure if this was the intended setup or not. I tweaked it a bit and found it to sound OK, but still need to work on it some more ?

I am using QSC's with a Les Paul loaded with a bridge JB, what are you using ?

btw thanks Hunter for the patch, I hope discussion like this doesn't discourage you or anyone from putting up patches. I really like the way you explore the possibilities in the Axe !

I use it with a Les Paul with a bit lower output PUs, but JBs should be fine. Indeed the patch has a lot of bottom end, I play it with a Carvin DCM1000 and a Bogner 4x12 Cab. Maybe if Daniel uploads his FRFR version, it might work better for you. Otherwise leave out the wahs and dial back on bass.

Indeed the SLO in there is unused, it's still in there from an older patch.

Thanks Hunter,
I will give it another shot tonight...maybe I will run it through my power amp and guitar cabs to see what that is like.

Well, I didn't change much for my FRFR. I changed one side of the cab model to Jay's off-axis 2x12 (level set to -12 db), which is one of the ways I tweak for my speaker ;-)

Seriously though, between that (the added cab model) and my graphic EQ at the main output, I usually get fairly good response out of my setup.

I also activated the soldano amp, and lowered the output accordingly. I am using a Tom Anderson guitar, so tonally speaking, this is a completely different world. The patch is bass-loaded, but I didn't find it too oomphy with those pickups.

I did attach both wahs to my controller, and it's the wildest wah I've heard out of the axe!

Let's see, what else did I twaek... not much else really. I was tempted to tame the lows a bit, but I'm having a lot of fun with my little speaker putting out such lows! I want to continue playing with it a bit, and see what else I might add or subtract. I got serious ear fatigue after blasting my head off with that patch. I want to try it it at our rehearsal space on Thursday (my home practice room has too many reflections to judge a gig-level sound).

Cheers,
Daniel

Back
Top Bottom