KSE End of Heartache/Chevelle Family System

stm113

Power User
Doing some tracking for someone and 2 guitar tones they said they'd really like to have similar tones to are "End Of The Heartache" by Kill Switch Engage and "Family System" by Chevelle. I dig those tones myself so I am excited to try to emulate them. I have been trying to find stem files to try to tweak against (not tone match )and can't. Anyone here know of those isolated tracks are out there or have any non-tone matching tips?

Digging in I have found out that the KSE was likely done with a Framus Dragon and a 5150.while Pete Loeffler of Chevelle pretty much always uses Mark IV's. Since the Dragon doesn't exist in the AF2 and the Marks can be such a beast to dial any suggestions would be appreciated.

This makes me sad for selling my Framus Dragon v3. They also used a Cobra in the Rose of Sharyn if I recall correctly. They regularly sell gear online. Or at least used too..

I'd say the FAS amps will get you there. FAS Brown, FAS Broots etc (if tweaked right) and the other one.. they slip my mind right now. That's the closest I get to KSE-territory.

I remember there's a BULB patch somewhere on Axe-change that could also get you there too.. Must be from firmware 15+ or something..

Two of my favorite bands right there. I've tried Pete's amp settings and they're actually really interesting. He has the bass quite high on the amp meaning it's not a super tight low end but more Recto-like. Check his settings:

loeffler-amps-web.jpg

As far as Cab Packs go I'm sure Cab Pack 13 is the one I'd personally use for both of these artists.

What in the AF2 would you say is closest to the Dragon?
I actually haven't had a chance to seek out the tone, but I will give it a go this weekend.. :) My tone is similar in style, so I will share it when I try to put together one that closely resembles my tone from the Dragon

I actually haven't had a chance to seek out the tone, but I will give it a go this weekend.. :) My tone is similar in style, so I will share it when I try to put together one that closely resembles my tone from the Dragon
That would be awesome of you, thank you

Back
Top Bottom