KrK monitors & EQ

You could just put an EQ block at the end of your chain and enable/disable it depending on what you're playing out of. That's probably simplest until you upgrade your monitors.

You could just put an EQ block at the end of your chain and enable/disable it depending on what you're playing out of. That's probably simplest until you upgrade your monitors.

Unfortunately because of the nature of bad room problems, EQ won't fix it. That's why when I read that low cuts don't seem to fix the issue I start to suspect the room.

The reason EQ won't work well is because the movement of your head even by a small amount changes how you hear the peaks and nulls in the room and radically changes the perceived sound of the monitors.

That's why I always recommend at least re-positioning the speakers or trying some basic room treatments before going for a "room" EQ.

I have a set of Gen1 Rokit 5's that I use as my desktop monitors / PC speakers for listening to music, video playback, general audio, and for family-friendly playing volume with the AxeFX II. For these applications I really like them.

I've not had occasion to demo the Rokit 8's. I would have assumed them to have a similar sound to the Rokit 5's.

I am new here Name is Brian
I have a Adivd 11 Rack and now I want to upgrade to Axe-Fx II XL for the Black Friday price
But I live in a quiet apartment
And I have
monitor speakers Krk Power Rokit 5
And i looking for some Awsome Jaw dropping headphones to have great stereo and sound with using the Axe FX

I use the Rokit RP6 and my tones are pretty incredible but I also have a problem with the low end.
When listening back on other devices it's almost not there but it's a pleasure to play through them.
They have an awful resonance frequency at 130hz though which has plagued me for years now.
I'm thinking maybe I'll look to upgrading early next year for my birthday. I heard the Yamaha might be a bit bright though...

As for you Brain you should get some really good results from the RP5s. Obviously the bass won't be there as much but if you have neighbours that's not a bad thing.

Back
Top Bottom