Power User
I got my Axe FX II Mark II in october 2012,
and I absolutely love it, although I cannot say that
I've more than scratched the surface to what it is capable of
doing. I sold of a bunch of old gear to afford this magical box
and I am perfectly happy with it.

I've read the manual from cover to cover, and for a layman like myself
there's a lot of information that I don't understand or should I say fail
to "see" the application for because of lack of knowledge.

Seems like it's an almost endless amount of possibilities to choose
from, not to mention the fact that we get updated firmwares and softwares
along with it. Awesome is a word I tend to use in almost every other sentence
I write when talking about my axe fx II.

I really appreciate people being helpful and friendly on a forum like this, and all
those skilled members that post explanations and tips, instructional videos and such
on youtube. I really want to thank you all for that!

This post is just a "question * request * ide * brainstorming * ramble" (how about that one?)

Would be nice to know if someone plans to release some kind of instructional DVD
about what this machine of ours really can do, for people that want to learn more
about the different options and parameters that can be tweaked. For people like me that
never have been in a "real" studio or know about all these technical aspects about seeking and tweaking tone.

I've played guitar for 30 years, but there's still so much I don't understand when reading around here in the forum.

Or maybe there's some books coming out or something.

well just shooting from the hip here, but I do believe there's a bunch of users like me
that don't have a clear idea on what to do with all these cool options.

The video tutorials about pedals from " katsukuri " and the scenes explanation and tone matching videos from " solo a week "are excellent and the firmware upgrade from "Berndt Kilz" -- I'm sorry about probably messing up the spellings and names of these very helpful users but, I do believe that most of the forum users know which videos and users I mean.

Reading axewikii and manuals are great but to visually see it often makes it easier to remember. And combine that with a person that explains and knows what he or she is talking about is "excellent" (Montgomery Burns moment)

Sorry about the rambling ...

Didn't intend to wear you guys out :)

you have all good one!

//Kenneth

Reactions: yek
I think this is one best explained by the Wiki... why it is what it is. The blessing/curse of the Axe Fx is that it never stays still long enough to get a comprehensive bead on everything it does. So we have videos on pieces of it (as these pieces become available). And we have the Wiki (bless Yek and associates) that is in regular revision as brainstorms hatch in New Hampshire. It's the awesomeness of the device, and its constant improvement, that make the likelihood of an in-depth, covers everything you can do with it sort of instructional book or DVD unlikely.

For me, I just use whatever I need and leave the rest to those who need those parts. I don't think I'll ever totally have it under wraps, and I am ok with that. I know how to find things when I need to learn how to use them. I do believe that is what FAS has in mind. You won't outgrow it.

A DVD would be a bit tiresome - there is only so much video of someone altering computer or panel settings that someone can stand watching.

Yek's step-by-step guide to programming is probably the best thing around. You can take it at your own pace, mess around with the intermediate stages, wander off on your own tangents and find your way back at will.

(By Yek, I mean the Axe Wiki of course, but everyone knows it is overwhelmingly his baby).

Back
Top Bottom