Kinda freakin out...

Brian Coonan

Power User
So there was a thread the other day that someone was asking about clean tones and in that thread, a vid by @ccroyalsenders was linked - so I copied the settings to my AX8 and got all inspired. Probably one of my favorite things I've heard come out of the AX8 (so thank you Cooper for the awesome help!) - I paired it with a tone I came up with for something heavy I was working on for a new tune and got this. I'm so jacked. I've not had any amps that sounded this good (to me) ever as far as recording goes. And then, on top of that I went out to the AxeChange and got a bass tone from @Smittefar which I added a little EQ to in logic cause i have a crappy bass guitar.

Now, granted, the guitars are double tracked and slightly offset to make them fatter - but still - it's all AX8 direct to my little Focusrite. Can't wait to finish this tune! Here's just a small clip - hope you dig it.

Oh and I'm freakin out because I love how it sounds. :) The heavy sound is the Friedman 2018...talk about kickin a**. whew.

Sounds killer! I'm curious what I/R did you use for the Friedman?

Thanks!

Stock cabs - L is F043 Recto SM 57 and R is F042 4 x 12 Hi-Power (RW). I'll try and attach the presets here. Again, the Clean one is set up directly from Cooper Carters instructions in his video that is linked above, and the heavy one - it COULD be mine, but odds are I probably had someone else's and tweaked it to what I needed for a particular song - but maybe not too. So, in case someone checks it out and is like "um, yeah, that's mine" by all means call me out! Always want to give credit where credit is due!

Attachments

• CC Good Clean From Vid.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 27
  • BC Friedman 2018.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 26
Thanks for the preset post! I like the heavy sound it has a really good knock to it!
No problem - I f'ing LOVE it. I had this thing cranked so loud and was completely rocking out like I was on stage somewhere. Had my wife seen this event, I'm sure it would have gotten an eye-roll and a "just gonna back away now" type walk. hahah

No problem - I f'ing LOVE it. I had this thing cranked so loud and was completely rocking out like I was on stage somewhere. Had my wife seen this event, I'm sure it would have gotten an eye-roll and a "just gonna back away now" type walk. hahah

Ha! I know that look all too well only I get the door closed in my face as she's doing it.

I actually use the Friedman 2018 for my live tone since the update, but now I gotta look at your preset and see if I can steal, err, borrow, whatever you did to get that recorded sound.
Forgot I was gonna tell you this - the recorded sound is just the preset double tracked with the second track just SLIGHTLY off from the 1st creating a little delay, and a lot of fullness :) And by all means, steal, I mean, borrow away! lol

Back
Top Bottom