Kiesel Guitars got robbed :( :(

I assume they really mean robbed instead of burgled. That is frightening. Their guitars aren't that common and are pretty distinctive. I don't think the robbers will have a tough time unloading them without getting caught.

This is the true power of the internet and social media though....it is unlikely that these guitars won't be found because all the guitar geeks with the money to buy them, will have likely been made aware of this.

They make some gorgeous guitars, hope they get them all back undamaged!

Update:

Apparently it wasn't a "break in" type of crime. It was massive case of international cc fraud. Thankfully, so far 6 of the guitars that were on their way out of the country were intercepted in freight. :eek:

When I bought my Axe from FAS, I had to go through an extra step to verify my identification. I was totally fine with this, as the merchants are the ones that are stuck with the loss when there's fraud. Kiesel is now implementing extra steps for worldwide orders. I hope they're able to get all the guitars back.

Credit card fraud is an enormous problem. Had my identity stolen once and it sucked. Had several credit cards opened up in my name and the bastards bought a couple of grand worth of crap with them from various stores. Fortunately it was all eventually resolved in my favor and I didn't have to pay a dime but not everyone is so lucky. Folks here in the US get a free credit report every year from the 3 main credit monitoring companies. Go here for the official free report site from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau to get a copy from all three: https://www.annualcreditreport.com There's a bunch of look alike sites that try to sell you crap. Check your credit report regularly, use different strong passwords on all your online accounts and change your passwords periodically. There's an army of scumbags out there that are just itching to get something free at your expense.

Back
Top Bottom