KH-602 (LTD) - Thoughts and Opinions

rrogers

Inspired
Does anyone have any experience with the ESP LTD range, specifically the KH-602? I am looking for a Floyd-equipped guitar (this has the 1000 series, but I can work with that) for a specific tuning (drop-d but 1/2 step down). I'm in one of those situations where having something in that tuning is worth around a grand for convenience, but not worth dropping two or three-thousand dollars like I would for a regular ESP, a custom shop Charvel, etc.

My first "nice" guitar was a KH-603 (the Les Paul shaped one). It served me well for years of touring and playing gigs. That was my first experience with a Floyd Rose and it functioned extremely well and never really gave me any real issues. I'd say go for it, the guitars in that range are more than solid.

LTDs are good bang for the buck guitars. Well made, decent hardware, and good fretwork. They tend to put good pickups in them as well like real Duncans and EMGs and not budget knockoff pickups like many other import instruments.

KH-602 is $899

Kind of a ripoff...

HOWEVER- for $800-1000 used you can pickup a mint real KH-2 and have a $2000 guitar for the price of a $500 LTD

I've had cheap LTD's and real ESP's the real ones are really nice... and worth it- if you can have it for the same price go for it-

unless you can find a KH602 for $300-500 used-

I have a 200 series LTD with a floyd, I play in drop C, and it works great,
So, if you're looking at a nicer guitar, I can imagine it would the same....but nicer.

Back
Top Bottom