Kemper Profile - Orange RV50 + TS9 - Axe Preset Included

Remember me? :)

This is a fine test. I've been doing the same with axe and kemper. Can get super similar results, but not exact.

Kemper has a slightly more raspy feel to it. The difference is hard to hear if we conduct blind tests (I'll be publishing some more) but, like I've always said, small tonal differences can translate to bigger/more perceptible ones in feel.

Like you, I love both devices. It's nice to see someone doing tests and sticking to the topic at hand. It's not so easy to do in "some" online forums (and I am not referring to this one in this case).

Cheers

Last edited:
Hey man, what's up! Nice to see you around these parts. :)

Please post some some samples if and when you create any matched presets. I'd definitely like to hear them!

I'm good, good! :) I am not sure about sharing matched presets themselves though because of negative reaction before from kemper land on that end (and I know how that will escalate) but for sure tests online will be done.

I'll pm you a couple of recent ones.

Cheerios

I'm good, good! :) I am not sure about sharing matched presets themselves though because of negative reaction before from kemper land on that end (and I know how that will escalate) but for sure tests online will be done.

I'll pm you a couple of recent ones.

Cheerios
dont care what people say,share your presets.,well if you wanto_O

dont care what people say,share your presets.,well if you wanto_O

Then I'd be accused for "theft" or whatever. Believe me, drama and attacks get crazy quick. I want my peace :)

That said I don't think it's particularly hard to match kemper profiles with axe. Done it with amplitube and bias too with very good results much of the time (some times better other worse).

It's even possible to match some profiles yourselves just by using recorded sound too, albeit a bit trickier imo.

Last edited:
My best method: 1) pick profile you like (I use merged most often) 2) Shoot IR 3) Dial in amp model to match as close as possible while using that IR 4) tone match.

And voila. Close enough to fool anyone in a mix, myself included. I've used much the same method for real amps too.

Both kemper and axe nail these tones for the most part.

Axe better for me as it can do multiple distorting stages (preamp plus power amp gain). Kemper is not designed for that; however its strength is 1) not having to rely on internal amp models to get close to source and 2) more automated process (can be both good and bad imo).

Last edited:
My best method: 1) pick profile you like. 2) Shoot IR 3) Dial in amp model to match as close as possible while using that IR 4) tone match.

And voila. Close enough to fool anyone in a mix, myself included. I've used much the same method for real amps too.

Both kemper and axe nail these tones for the most part.

Axe better for me as if can do multiple distorting stages (preamp plus power amp gain). Kemper is nkt designed for that; however its strength is 1) not having to rely on internal amp models to get close to source and 2) more automated process (can be both good and bad imo).
i dont own the axefx 2,i got the ax8

The Kemper recording sounds like it has a little more sizzle to it, or crispness in the attack. By themselves though, they are both nice sounding patches.

Back
Top Bottom