Kemper iterations

NeoSound

Fractal Fanatic
/rant on

I've seen several times now where someone talks about the Axe-Fx II changes from MKI to MKII to Xl to

XL+ and that the Axe-Fx has had so many versions while the Kemper is still right where it was when it launched.

FYI the MK1 and II are nearly identical with the exception of a more robust cat5 connector for the foot controller connection. The XL series added more preset and cab storage along with FASlink for the foot controller and the xl+ has a different screen because the previous had stopped being made (better specs but they look the same).

I don't own a Kemper nor have I, but I see Kemper owners (and others) saying the Kemper is the same as when released while the Axe-Fx has seen many hardware revisions.

Well........ the Kemper lunchbox was the first iteration and now there's the powered lunchbox, a rack version and a powered rack version so if you noticed it has seen as many versions as the Axe-Fx and the original lunch box retails for more now than when it was released?

None of this really means anything except that it really irritates me how bias and ignorance can be used to cloud facts.

/rant off

The AxeFX I -> AxeFX II -> AxeFX II XL -> AxeFX III have all been advances, meaning they improve on the previous version because they have something more or better than the previous version. Kemper has had no such advances. None of their models replaces an earlier version with something better like the AxeFX models do. But you do understand that Kemper is proud of that right? In other words Kemper doesn't see this as a problem.

Back
Top Bottom