Kemper Double Tracker Feature on Axe-FX III?

Did you find that you had to increase some of the low end on the OUT 3 EQ settings in the Setup when using the Mimiq ?
It loses some of the low end, plus other signal changes that I haven't figured out yet. I'm not sure I'm going to keep the pedal.

Did you find that you had to increase some of the low end on the OUT 3 EQ settings in the Setup when using the Mimiq ?
Nope, I can’t hear any change in my EQ when bringing the pedal in and out of my chain (bypassing and enabling In3).

For reference I just tracked + reamped some stuff through a few different configurations. First is my standard "Nashville" stereo amp preset with no widening, second is with the Enhancer block on classic mode set to 60% Width (any more and the timing differences become "too" audible IMO), third is the Mimiq (1 dub, dry and effect all the way up, tightness about 11 o'clock, and 4th is actually double tracked.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/43xul1uw0aqwz5d/2022-02-07 1 Stereo 2 Enhancer 3 Mimiq 4 Double Tracked.wav?dl=0

Clearly actual double tracking is the best / most wide, but in a live context that's impossible, so to me the Mimiq is the second widest and second most natural sounding. Might not be super obvious just by listening but while playing with a band live through IEMs the extra width is so helpful as compared to standard stereo or the Enhancer because there's that much more space down the center of your mix. The Mimiq also feels less static while playing. Whatever it's doing to the right half of the signal is being modulated so there is some slight variance in the feel.

Doesn't Two Notes Engineering use this in their Double tracker setting in Captor X?
Just looked it up and it sounds similar, although just by listening it's hard to know whether there's more than just a simple Haas effect happening.

It loses some of the low end, plus other signal changes that I haven't figured out yet. I'm not sure I'm going to keep the pedal.
Hi

I've finally landed on the following setting for the MimiQ which might help ? I have it in stereo, connected to OUT3 Right and Left and IN3 Right and Left on the rear of the Axe Fx 3.

The OUT3 and IN3 blocks are immediately after the cab block which is set to stereo (as all other effects are except the dual delay I'm using).

In the OUT3 EQ settings (Axe Edit -> Settings then look down to the left hand side to see the Out 3 Eq menu option) I have the following set up

31 = 2.00
63 = 3.00
125 = 3.00
250 = 1.00
500 = 0.00
1k = 0.00
2k = 0.00
4k = 0.00
8k = 0.00
16k = 0.00

Level = 4.00

That gets the Mimiq EQ and volume almost the same as when IN3 is disengaged bypassing the Mimiq pedal.

The Mimiq pedal is set to
Tightness = half way between 10 O'Clock and 11 O'Clock
Effect = Full
Dry = Full
DUBS = 1

These settings work best for me, but have a try with it and dial in what you like best. I found the pedal almost unusable engaged and disengaged on scenes within existing presets (prior to getting the Mimiq) without adjusting the Amp level and eq which I really don't want to do.

As usual, the features on the Axe Fx come to the rescue :)

Last edited:
Played a gig last night with the Mimiq - and I swear I could hear some weird phasing going on. I'm going to try it without the Mimiq for the next gig and see if it sounds better to my ears.

The Mimiq definitely makes it seem better at home, but I'm yet to be convinced about using it live.

Back
Top Bottom