Keep or move on

I have a two button external foot switch ...

One is set up as a " table of contents" - tapping this cycles through Presets, Scenes, Control, and then wraps back to Presets. Tapping this can get me to the relevant section

20240127_074241.jpg

The second is set up to cycle Views. So, once in Scenes I can cycle through Scenes 1 2 3, then 4 5 6, then 7 8 Tuner, and then it wraps back to Scene 1. Any Scene is two presses away.

If on the Preset "page", the Views cycle between Preset Bank Down 1 2, then 3 4 5, then 6 7 Bank Up (my bank size is 7). I can get to any Preset within a 7 Preset range (equal to the Bank size), and then Bank Up or Bank Down will get me to another set of 7.

So, I can get to any Scene within a few presses, and the same for Presets (within the Preset range that I usually work in). Plus a few cool Utilities thrown in on the Control page.

Last edited:
I have a two button external foot switch ...

One is set up as a " table of contents" - tapping this cycles through Presets, Scenes, Control, and then wraps back to Presets. Tapping this can get me to the relevant section

View attachment 142281

The second is set up to cycle Views. So, once in Scenes I can cycle through Scenes 1 2 3, then 4 5 6, then 7 8 Tuner, and then it wraps back to Scene 1. Any Scene is two presses away.

If on the Preset "page", the Views cycle between Preset Bank Down 1 2, then 3 4 5, then 6 7 Bank Up (my bank size is 7). I can get to any Preset within a 7 Preset range (equal to the Bank size), and then Bank Up or Bank Down will get me to another set of 7.

So, I can get to any Scene within a few presses, and the same for Presets (within the Preset range that I usually work in). Plus a few cool Utilities thrown in on the Control page.
Would you be willing to share your layouts and config?

A very clever solution, i`m interested...did you change the master Layout (View) to achieve that?
Thank you

Sort of!

The Master Layout is my Home Page (the FM3 boots up into this) ... My Table of Contents footswitch cycles between three selected Layouts and then wraps back to the start, so I am only two short presses away from any of Presets, Scenes and Control. However, I can get to any Layout from the Home Page if I don't tap the Table of Contents switch. I simple change Views within the Master Layout.

The other footswitch cycles between Views in the selected Layouts, and it wraps. I experimented between short press = View + and long press = View -, but it didn't quite behave the way I wanted. I'm fine with short press = View Up, with it wrapping back to the start. I use long press to go to my Control/Tuner layout. I also prefer short presses whereever possible - these are just quicker than long presses (I know you can change the duration!). I only use long presses to select certain functions that aren't too time sensitive. With live use being my primary concern, I want to get to just about anything in as few short presses as possible.

I experimented more this morning - my bank size is now 10, and I added extra control switches and Utilities. I am also working on two versions - one with automatic switching to the Scene Layout straight from the chosen Preset (I prefer to work in Scenes), and another version with manual switching to Scenes (this allows gapless moving between Presets, but needs an extra footswitch press to get to the Scenes within a chosen Preset).

Hopefully I will have it all sorted and with the guide written up this weekend - then I will post!

Hi Doogz,
thanks, very clever... i should give this a try.
Only problem is when i turn on the FM3 i can`t stop playing guitar, had a Boss GT1000core 2 years ago with this it
was the other way around...could not stop tweaking🤪

Back
Top Bottom