Keep my main Audio Interface as default when connecting to FM3

Basspartout

Hello dear Fractal family :)

When I connect my FM3 via USB for "FM3-Edit", it "steals" the Audio Interface spot from my RME Fireface,
so that I can't hear the sound of a Youtube video anymore until I disconnct the USB cable again from my FM3.
Does anybody know here if this is something I have to either adjust on a) my main Audio Interface (Fireface),
or b) the FM3, or c) in Windows (Windows 10).
Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Greetings from very happy new FM3 user from Berlin,
Sascha

PS: Are there any advantages connecting my FM3 via SPDIF to my Fireface?

I have my main audio interface Presonus Studio 1810 and I have set that as main audio interface source in windows 11 (before also in windows 10).
When I don't use Studio 1810 then computers integrated Realtek take care of audio interface (when gaming I use integrated and when doing something about music I use Presonus Studio 1810). Windows should keep that settings well but in system settings - audio/voice settings just need to tell what audio interface is the main interface.

Thanks, I think it's working fine now.
Regarding SPDIF - it seems that I need some kind of converter since the FM3 and my Fireface have different spdif connections. But that's hopefully something Bernd Kiltz is clarifying in one of the videos, since he seems to be using his FM3 together with a Fireface via SPDIF.

Back
Top Bottom