Legacy Ke$ha goes Metal...again!

Thanks man! I'm not big on most pop music myself... but I appreciate all music. So I just like to cover songs so I can make myself enjoy them haha

Thanks man! And yea it's a patch I made using FAS Modern along with the Axe's stock cabs with V9 firmware. I think the cabs were German 412 with a 58 mic and an SLM v30 with R121 mic. I actually uploaded the patch a few days ago on my FAS Modern Heavies thread. You should be able to find it in my posts and download it if you'd like Thanks for the listen and feedback!

That's a fab sounding recording. The chorus line sounds like, I think, 3 doors down from about ten years ago.

tried several times to load the preset into the axe fx, just wont work :(
I went to axe change, all other presets work, just not yours :/

I'm old and that's not really something that I would have ever listened to on my old accord (meaning the original version), but I can tell you that even if I did listen to it and liked it I don't think that it would ever sound right without the guitars in it. The mix is great, the tone is fantastic, the playing is complementary to the song IMHO and if I was to be as super douchey critical as humanly possible there was one singular note in the entire song I didn't think was perfect. I won't even mention which one it was because its not important. :)

I'm really impressed with it.

Thanks man... I really appreciate the feedback! And I'm glad you enjoyed it! And yea there are a few things I would really like to change as far as the mix and composition- I didn't spend a whole lot of time on it at all. I'm gonna knock out a few more covers soon so you'll have to keep an eye out for them. Thanks again!

Absolute Respect mate !! you wouldnt catch me listening to no more then 5 sec of the original song but this cover got me hooked ....loved the solo at the end gave me goosebumps which alot of solos these days don't \m/

I've gotta ask because I have always wanted to do some of my own. How do you get the isolated vocal track? I've heard it can be an absolute nightmare getting it out but you have it super clean here. How do? By the way awesome track.

@AaronB- thanks man! There are a few different ways you can get acapellas for songs. I get most of mine from acapellas4u.co.uk- you just have to make a account and you can access thousands of acapellas for free. Or I also search for good clean acapellas on YouTube and there are usually good ones there with download links. Or if you find a full acapella vid on youtube you can just copy the video URL and paste it at listentoyoutube.com and it will make an mp3 file download of any video YouTube, which really comes in handy. It's fun to do man... let me know once you get one knocked out:)

Color me impressed! I liked that you didn't just play the real song with distortion and call it a re-make. So many people would've attempted to do the off-beat accent to keep it dancy, but you actually completely changed the guitar lines to make it metal. The drum programming really made this work stylistically. Knocked it out of park!

Excellent arrangement, playing, and tone.

I just can't stand to listen to more than ten seconds of autotuned vocals (which eliminates 99% of modern pop music). :D

I'd really like to hear your take on some more "classic" pop stuff.

Thanks for the kind words fellas! Keep an eye out. I have a few more covers that I am working on at the moment... including some Ludacris...which is gonna trip you out haha.

Back
Top Bottom