Kansas Does Fractal

steadystate

Fractal Fanatic
I had the privilege of opening for Kansas this weekend, and learned that the 2nd guitarist and the violinist both use Fractal processors. Rich Williams uses a Kemper. While I'm partial to the FM9, I'm not going to debate with Rich Williams. Mad respect.

I hadn't seen them in many years, and didn't know what to expect. They were PHENOMENAL! Their musicianship, preparation, and dedication to perfection are as good or better than ever before. The vocals weren't just strong, they were exceptional. Point of Know Return, The Wall, Miracles Out of Nowhere, Song for America, Dust in the Wind, Carry On Wayward Son.... all sounded amazing. If they come to your town, GO SEE THEM.

2nd Guitar.jpgViolin.jpgRich Williams.jpg20240913_162528.jpg20240913_162852_03.jpg

I saw them in Toledo a few months back. Phenomenal.

That's interesting about Rich using a Kemper. I wonder how long. Regardless, his tone was great when I saw them.

I saw them in Toledo a few months back. Phenomenal.

That's interesting about Rich using a Kemper. I wonder how long. Regardless, his tone was great when I saw them.
I wanted to ask him, but I didn't want to intrude too much on his personal space. If he has existing physical rigs that he wants to duplicate on the road, the Kemper is a good solution. He also had a rack version on the side of the stage. From what I could see, I got the impression that he likes to keep his live rig straightforward. They all seemed more interested in playing than in preset machinations.

I dare saying.... I'm not surprised they both use dedicated DI (both LR Baggs, session is superb) for acoustics...

I'm sure it's me (or my Gibson J45) but after 6 years with Fractal I'm still not happy with my acoustic sound.

tomorrow I'll be trying tweaking that acoustic preset once again.

Back
Top Bottom