JZ's Brit Brown

jzguitar

Hey everyone!

I've been inspired by the GOT series and the discussions, so I'd like to start sharing some of my presets and getting more involved in this awesome Fractal community.

I was playing around with the Brit Brown model the other day and found myself really liking the sounds I was getting, so here is what I came up with. Just a basic crunchy tone through a combination of two factory 4X12 IRs that I really dig. There are 4 scenes: a dry rhythm, a chorus rhythm, a lead, and a chorus lead. The chorus is a variation on one of the Vai blocks that was shared. The two lead scenes have a drive block that came about from me a/b'ing my Interstellar Audio Machines Octonaut Hyperdrive pedal with the Klone drive model. It's not exact but pretty close to the pedal. Comments and suggestions are welcome!

Attachments

• JZ Brit Brown.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 131
Hey everyone!

I've been inspired by the GOT series and the discussions, so I'd like to start sharing some of my presets and getting more involved in this awesome Fractal community.

I was playing around with the Brit Brown model the other day and found myself really liking the sounds I was getting, so here is what I came up with. Just a basic crunchy tone through a combination of two factory 4X12 IRs that I really dig. There are 4 scenes: a dry rhythm, a chorus rhythm, a lead, and a chorus lead. The chorus is a variation on one of the Vai blocks that was shared. The two lead scenes have a drive block that came about from me a/b'ing my Interstellar Audio Machines Octonaut Hyperdrive pedal with the Klone drive model. It's not exact but pretty close to the pedal. Comments and suggestions are welcome!
John, so stoked for the presets and info that have have given us. This is the best forum I have ever been part of and it has just got way better with you on board! Thank you so much for sharing your expertise. Here's wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and New Year's.

Thank you so much for this @jzguitar !
Comments and suggestions are welcome!
If I may!
The level on this preset is ~10dB in clipping reds when checking Preset Leveling tool. Any reason for that? Everyone suggests to keep the signal below red line, so just wondering why it is so.
Also, this:
Just a basic crunchy tone through a combination of two factory 4X12 IRs that I really dig
Maybe that's because I'm opening it in FM3, but in the first slot of the cab block there is a muted IR #104 from User block, so not really factory IR. SO I wonder if this is because I loaded Axe3 preset in FM3, or maybe some changes which were not saved before sharing the preset? Which factory IR is that slot?

Thanks again :)

If I may!
The level on this preset is ~10dB in clipping reds when checking Preset Leveling tool. Any reason for that? Everyone suggests to keep the signal below red line, so just wondering why it is so.
Also, this:

Maybe that's because I'm opening it in FM3, but in the first slot of the cab block there is a muted IR #104 from User block, so not really factory IR. SO I wonder if this is because I loaded Axe3 preset in FM3, or maybe some changes which were not saved before sharing the preset? Which factory IR is that slot?

The Cab block is using slots 2 and 4. There are indicators in the Amp and Delay blocks that this preset is from an earlier firmware version, and were not reset. The Amp block has quite a few advanced parameters altered from default. Resetting it will changes them to the new defaults. Some may just be different defaults, some may have been altered on purpose by the OP. Only @jzguitar would be able to make those calls.

I didn't get a chance to load it up in my FM3, so the changes were all visual. Adjust as necessary.
  • Moved the two IRs, and their respective settings, into the first two slots to make it compatible with the FM3 (and FM9) cab block.
  • Reset the Delay block and copied all of the original parameter settings over, just to be sure.
  • Changed the Reverb Quality to 'Normal', just in case.
  • Did not reset the Amp block, but added a few of the 'new' default settings in the 'Speaker' tab.
  • Lowered the Amp block 'Level' to get the rhythm scenes to around '0' with the 'Preset Leveling' tool.
  • Shortened the blocks layout to fit the FM3 grid.
Moke

Attachments

• JZ Brit Brown (FM3).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Hey @Moke , thanks again!
Just wanted to mention that your presets shows full 10db red on Dry Rhythm scene for me. I've lowered the Level of the Amp block to -20dB.
Also, Reverb block showed me "Economy", not Normal.
Because of this, just wanted to check with you, are these the correct IRs from the original preset by @jzguitar ?
1674857722626.png

Hey @Moke , thanks again!
Just wanted to mention that your presets shows full 10db red on Dry Rhythm scene for me. I've lowered the Level of the Amp block to -20dB.
Also, Reverb block showed me "Economy", not Normal.
Because of this, just wanted to check with you, are these the correct IRs from the original preset by @jzguitar ?
View attachment 115128
Those Cabs look correct. I noticed the hot level from the Amp block too. I thought that I lowered it by 10 dB before exporting it. I must have set the Reverb quality to Economy to make sure the preset stayed under 80% on the CPU% meter? Where did it come in at?

If I may!
Also, this:

Oh man - didn't even notice that level! I typically run the output down around -10db but I guess I never checked it on this one - good catch!

Back
Top Bottom