Just started recording with the Ultra 7.0

PosterBoy

Inspired
Been using my ultra live for a few months now mainly with Scott's patches tweaked a bit for my set up.

Well I've just decided to start a project of getting some of the originals we do recorded. My recording setup is hardly state of the art. Just laptop with reaper and Ezdrummer, a M audio Fast track pro.

The first song I'm doing is a pop punk style praise song and with the two main guitar parts I had in mind, my normal patches just weren't doing it for me, so i searched around.

The basic rhythm track with my Gretsch powerjet worked more than perfectly with the EVH 1982 patch without any tweaking, it was just so right.

The 2nd guitar track was causing problems as I didn't want to lose the riffs and lead bits in the rhythm track, so thanks to version 7 I replaced the Euro 2 amp in Scott's BognerXtc patch and the PVH5105 amp just cuts through nicely with some nice harmonics on my Tyler BW2K.

Recording music has never been so fun and easy, and tweaking the Axe FX to get must what you need is so simple

This whole playing rock in church is such a dreamland for me. I grew up in Germany as catholic and no way could there ever be an electric guitar in church.

It causes me a bit of a giggle to hear Pop/Punk Praise Song ... I have just no experience whatsoever what sth like that would sound like, nor could I ever imagine enjoying such a show in church in DE.

Are there any youtube or other sources where I could get an idea what this is like?

Time for a change of the German church service culture I believe. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom