Just scored tickets for Dreamsonic tour

GitGuy513

Fractal Fanatic
Just purchased pretty good seats for this event. Dream Theater, Devin Townsend and Animals As Leaders. I have to say I’m somewhat psyched for it.

It will only be the second show I’ve been to since the whole lockdown BS. Between ticket prices, Ticketmaster seating games, accompanying BS like available and affordable safe parking in cities overrun by zombies and the monthly loss of artist I would want to see, I had convinced myself at my age going to shows was probably a thing of the past. However, this show caught my eye and I jumped on it. I’ve seen DT many times, but never Devin Townsend or AAL/Tosin Abasi.

https://dreamsonic.com/

Just purchased pretty good seats for this event. Dream Theater, Devin Townsend and Animals As Leaders. I have to say I’m somewhat psyched for it.

It will only be the second show I’ve been to since the whole lockdown BS. Between ticket prices, Ticketmaster seating games, accompanying BS like available and affordable safe parking in cities overrun by zombies and the monthly loss of artist I would want to see, I had convinced myself at my age going to shows was probably a thing of the past. However, this show caught my eye and I jumped on it. I’ve seen DT many times, but never Devin Townsend or AAL/Tosin Abasi.

https://dreamsonic.com/
That will be an awesome show I'm sure. DT never disappoints. I've never seen AAL or Devin Townsend but I love their music.

I'm so thankful there is live music again. Life just wasn't the same without it - both watching it and playing gigs again - life is definitely much sweeter now!

I just caught this tour in NYC last week...and man, James LaBrie is struggling. That was just not good. Animals as Leaders kicked ass, as did Devin and co, but I left to catch an earlier train home halfway thru DT's set. Sound on the first two bands was great, but later on the mix was all guitar and synth, could hardly hear any cymbals or high end on the drums, and James honestly sounded like a parody. They're gonna have to have that discussion soon.

Sucks because the rest of the band was totally on point, and I'm glad I've seen them before at many iconic shows over the years. The DT set was just not enjoyable for me.

Not my video but from the show I was at, during Losing Time...

I just caught this tour in NYC last week...and man, James LaBrie is struggling. That was just not good. Animals as Leaders kicked ass, as did Devin and co, but I left to catch an earlier train home halfway thru DT's set. Sound on the first two bands was great, but later on the mix was all guitar and synth, could hardly hear any cymbals or high end on the drums, and James honestly sounded like a parody. They're gonna have to have that discussion soon.

Sucks because the rest of the band was totally on point, and I'm glad I've seen them before at many iconic shows over the years. The DT set was just not enjoyable for me.

Not my video but from the show I was at, during Losing Time...

Yeah, that’s all everyone is talking about. I caught the Johnstown, PA show on Tuesday. I’m sort of confused why they chose to do this tour right after a full European tour. Whatever is up with his voice a rest is one thing that is surely needed. I felt the sound was too loud the whole time. Dream Theater started out with perfect mix and sound although the system was at its limit and then for some reason they pushed it too far and washed out any dynamics. LeBrie actually started out decent in his natural register, but slowly had a harder and harder time maintaining control over anything above that especially with the old songs.

I have seen Dream Theater more times than I remember and honestly have lost much of my interest once Portnoy was gone, so I was more interested in checking out everyone else who I have never seen before or even know well. Devin Townsend was really cool. AAL and Tosin was cool too. I would much rather hear the more esoteric and milder side of both of their music. Overall there were worthwhile highlights of every band and glad I caught the show.

Back
Top Bottom