Just saw BTBAM tonight.

TheGoatLord

Experienced
Got a chance to see between the buried and me with coheed and cambria tonight playing the AxeII. Wow is all I can say! I haven't been to a show in a very long time where the guitars were as clear and 3D sounding as tonight. Not one amp on stage and huge tone from both bands all night! It was awesome to finally see someone playing an axe live and being blown away by the sounds coming at me! Just thought I would share!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow this one, I hope that the presets will be there soon. I've tried to tonematch it but this was FAR away from their sound. And yes, their live-sound is stunning!
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-tone-match/59615-between-buried-me.html

I have to say, I'm not the biggest fan of the tones they get on the records and I saw them a while back with amps and cabs. They sounded great then but the clarity was amazing using the axe. It was obvious they tuned the presets to the overall mix and I might as well been listening to a CD at the show. It was just jaw dropping clear,crisp, and crunchy. I was pretty excited to finally see an Axe live and was not disappointed in the least.

Got a chance to see between the buried and me with coheed and cambria tonight playing the AxeII. Wow is all I can say! I haven't been to a show in a very long time where the guitars were as clear and 3D sounding as tonight. Not one amp on stage and huge tone from both bands all night! It was awesome to finally see someone playing an axe live and being blown away by the sounds coming at me! Just thought I would share!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? I saw them in Vancouver on the 18th and I thought they had horrible tone. Just really harsh and digital sounding and very VERY compressed. It was bad enough that my girlfriend actually asked me why their guitars sounded so fake... This coming from a person who normally can't tell the difference between Guitar Rig and a real amp...

I'm starting to suspect the sound guy didn't have a clue. Russian Circles sounded ok. Drums were great, bass passable and guitar inaudible. BTBAM was awful all around. Coheed was great other than the vocals being way WAY too low....

That's awesome. Would have loved to hear that. But BTBAM playing with Coheed?? Seems weird.

Yeah, I had no clue they were opening. Was a lot of VERY unhappy people sitting in my area. Reminded me of the Dreamtheater/Opeth/BTBAM/Three tour. BTBAM hit the stage and half the audience ran for the lobby after 10 minutes. Love them or hate them.

I saw them in Vancouver on Monday. They were incredibly tight and the sound was phenomenal. A shame though as the bass and kick were too loud, so the mix was a bit off, but everything sounded fantastic on it's own and the guitar tones were amazing.

Really? I saw them in Vancouver on the 18th and I thought they had horrible tone. Just really harsh and digital sounding and very VERY compressed. It was bad enough that my girlfriend actually asked me why their guitars sounded so fake... This coming from a person who normally can't tell the difference between Guitar Rig and a real amp...

I'm starting to suspect the sound guy didn't have a clue. Russian Circles sounded ok. Drums were great, bass passable and guitar inaudible. BTBAM was awful all around. Coheed was great other than the vocals being way WAY too low....

Yeah, I had no clue they were opening. Was a lot of VERY unhappy people sitting in my area. Reminded me of the Dreamtheater/Opeth/BTBAM/Three tour. BTBAM hit the stage and half the audience ran for the lobby after 10 minutes. Love them or hate them.

thats a damn shame, a lot of people missed out on an awesome band if they went running.

Last few discs and last time I saw them live I thought their tone sounded sterile and lifeless. Certainly not the fault of the AXE. To me its starting to sound like their guitar tech or whoever sets up their tones has gone down the tone "rabbit hole" a few times too many. I know I've done this before. The more I tweak around with a tone, the further away I get from a good/real sound.

I just watched the Coheed and Cambria Rig Rowndown and see they are another Fractal artist that still doesn't use the AXEFXII and uses the Ultra. Lots of major fractal artists seem to still have not upgraded.

Back
Top Bottom