Just released a website of my project

mjlongo

I formed my first original band way back around 1990 or so. That band was called “Scare Tactics.” We had some cool originals but I also wrote a ton of riffs and unfinished songs. It has always nagged me that those unfinished tunes never materialized. It is with both excitement and at the same time a great deal of nervousness (this stuff is old!) that I can announce that the website I built where people can go listen to and download the completed album is now live!! I also just now created a Facebook page for the project where people can of course write comments, etc. I struggled with whether or not the website should contain the sheer volume of information that it does. It can come across as a bit too what, "sappy, boring, nostalgic?" In the end, I decided to throw caution to the wind and write up a big history of the band as well as liner notes for how these tunes came about back in the day. It’s certainly easier enough to just not click those links I guess!

AXEFX related stuff: Guitars were my two Gibson Explorers, My Gibson LP and my Jackson USA DK1. Bass is my old Aria Pro. All of the guitars and bass were recorded by me through my Axe FX II into my Ableton DAW. The Axe was setup for a Marshall JCM800 sound with a tube screamer in front of it. Can't get more 80's rock then that!! The solo sounds were exactly the same but I occasionally flipped the amp to other ones like a Freidman, 5150, etc. The clean sounds were pretty much all a JTM45. The solo sound on "Madman (Limousines, Champagne, Versace)" which IMO was damn perfect for the track was some random stock patch in the Axe FX and for the life of me I cannot figure out which one it was. I'm about 90% sure it was some Fender replica. My LP was used for the solo.

Anyways, below are the links and I really would love to hear some feedback!!

http://scaretacticsusa.com
facebook.com/scaretacticsusa

Just randomly found this post. I know what it's like to go back to the "first love" band material. This stuff is young & fun, for certain. I'm only about 3 tracks in, but I'm enjoying it so far! The singer is very Mustaine-esque and the guitar tones and playing are undeniable.

THRASH!! Classic stuff, and pretty good I have to say, although I don't listen to much thrash these days. Also, your vocalist kind of reminds me of 80s Mustaine, which is always good. And the guitars sound great, they remind me of the old Megadeth tones!

Also, you got some balls releasing your oldest material. Mine is so embarrassing to me, I'm glad it never has to see the light of day.

DestructionSphere, Thank you very much! I certainly will take the comparisons to Megadeth....a band I was always very influenced by. The song "Clueless" to me was very much in the Megadeth realm. Most of the other stuff was much more punk flavored but I can see where people would draw the parallel. Dee is a hell of a good singer and perfect for this kind of stuff. I can't wait to work on newer material with him. I was very anxious when I put this stuff out there. It's 25 year old material that never had the chance to be finished. :D

Back
Top Bottom