Just pulled the trigger on an Axe Fx II

ashenriff

Sold my Ultra last week and just placed the order a few minutes ago. Man, I'm excited and just wanted to share the news with someone other than my under-excited wife :)

Nice service, already got the email with tracking info that it's shipped too. Cool !!

Sold my Ultra last week and just placed the order a few minutes ago. Man, I'm excited and just wanted to share the news with someone other than my under-excited wife :)

Nice service, already got the email with tracking info that it's shipped too. Cool !!
I know the feeling just minus the wife since I am not married :D

henryrobinett, you know the feeling only you have your wife out for delivery? haaaah :lol

Congratulations ashenriff!!!

I would not want to pull the trigger on the axe-fx II though.. I mean Clint Eastwood did it once and the bullet reflected, killing his shadow.

He took a sip of his whiskey going "next time axe-fx II, next time I'll come back at nighttime where there are no shadows.." and went home.

as if he had forgotten that his shadow was dead anyway. Sometimes Clint Eastwood is hard to understand, but he always has his reasons.

th.jpg

Excellent! I know the feeling. Mine is "out for delivery".

hey Henry, I suppose you know already, but the delivery requires a signature. I know as soon as I get the delivery date confirmed, I'm scheduling to take off work that day to make sure I'm there to sign for it. haha You got it all arranged?

Yeah! That's the PITA part. I'm home all day but I have to pick up my son at 6. That's about when UPS delivers around here, so I'm a little bit on pins and needles.

I was on the waiting list for about a month. However, my name did not come up. I just paid the full price. I sold enough stuff I wasn't using, so basically it's like I traded 2 mesa cabs (a 1x12 and a 2x12) and my Axe-Fx Ultra for it.

Me too. But I think I was only n the list for a week. That was long enough for me. I paid full price last Thursday evening. Three Day Select.

Two months was too long for me. And without any kind of estimate, that was just too much. It certainly wasn't worth saving $400 for.

I think the wait is much shorter now, things are looking brighter etc. Do some research, I'm not sure.

My II is also on the way, should be here Thursday and I am taking the afternoon off if that holds! I was on the waiting list a good while, but had my Ultra until I got "the email" so I wasn't hurting. Sold the Ultra that day to make credit card room! So, I will be 4 days Fractal-less. :-x

I had to laugh at the earlier wife "out for delivery" joke because my wife IS out for delivery... new granddaughter born today so she is in Austin. I tried to get her named Marsha HBE, but the daughter wasn't going for it.

Anyway, congrats on the "new arrival" your expecting! I expect to have a repeat of my Ultra experience, which I will post when I come down. :D

8 months! Yikes! Thats like saving $1.50 a day.

I'd just drink one less beer a day and have the II! :mrgreen

On another note, I got home late from work the day mine got delivered and there is was just siiting on the doorstep. Somebody could have scored bigtime!

UPS used to accept a note written and signed. But then a year or so ago the guy told me they have stopped that. I have to leave for 20-30 minutes. I'll leave a note and hope the guy takes pity on me. It's been out for delivery and I've been waiting all day.

Back
Top Bottom