Just played a show. Duh, winning!

Ant Music

Fractal Fanatic
I just got home from my gig tonight and we got some great comments/ response. I was told by two reliable and knowledgeable fellas that my guitar sounded the best it's ever been. I usually ask the FOH guy after the gig if there is anything he would recommend boosting or cutting or if there were any level issues? He said it was "perfect, just like a real one." He said he didn't need to do anything to it and just left it flat.

I made 3 significant changes to my sound which I think made all the difference. I pulled the gain down from 6.75 - 3.5 on my high gain sound (FAS Modern). Secondly I pulled the High cut in the Cab Black down 500Hz to 6.5K and thirdly I cut and pasted the Amp, Cab and Compressor that Billy Nash uses on his country Chicken pickin' patch (patch below). I've never been big on compression but I think this definitely helped with clean to dirty leveling.

I'm a very happy chappy! Thanks to Billy Nash for sharing your kick arse tones (and awesome clips) and also to Cliff Chase. I think I'm finally able to stop worrying if I'm doing it right now. I think I'm sorted.

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Nash_Country_2 - by TexasHeartRush

Back
Top Bottom