Just Ordered!

Well, I just ordered my new Fractal Axe-FX II! Now the fun part of waiting for it. Any idea on when the foot controller is coming out? It says mid November, but I'm going to want a foot controller ASAP, and if they have been out of stock that long, I'm sure the first batch of foot controllers are going to go fast! :( Anyways, I'm also looking into what to use for on-stage cabinets. Looks like a lot of guys are using QSC powered monitors, and I'm thinking that's what I want to do too. What are the thoughts on K10's vs K12's? Splurg and get the K12's? Or is there another more economical way to go for speakers?

Welcome AxeManBrill! Other foot controllers will work with the Axe. The Behringer FC-1010 can be used, but won't do everything the MFC-101 will. Some folks like the K10s better that the K12s. There are many possibilities. You can use it with a power amp and speakers too, or use the fx return of your amp.
If you can bring your Axe to a music store to compare speakers that would be best. Everyone's ears are different and it's best to hear it for yourself. Whatever you choose you will love this unit. Don't be dismayed by its complexity. The more you work with it the better it will get and there are lots of great folks here that will help you out.

The K12s are very directional and loud and boomy; I'd go with the K10s over the K12s, unless you have a huge space. I sold mine for the Matrix power amp and CFR/Q12 solution and have not regretted it one bit.

I have heard the Matrix setup before. You guys suggest going Matrix over QSC? The other thing to take into consideration is $$$. I can finance the QSC with 24 months no interest through Sweetwater, but something like Matrix I would need out of pocket, or rack up a credit card. I think I would want 2 cabinets - run the Axe stereo. Why not when you've got all the processing for it in such a small footprint? At that point, the QSC's would be cheaper than a Matrix setup. The Q12 cabinets look more like a traditional "guitar" cabinet too. I read a couple forum threads that said "a real guitar cab is going to have more "punch", more that real feel of a guitar amp". Is that accurate? And no, I don't really have a store around with a good setup of speakers to try out.

There is no better foot controller than a Liquid Foot IMHO.

And you can't beat RCF NX-12 SMA self powered monitors.

L

Back
Top Bottom