just ordered... too soon to start posting on the forum?

mistermikev

Experienced
Hello, just ordered the 3 last night... too soon to start posting about it? jk. have never even played one, but have certainly read up and watched a zillion demos.

(recently) coming from the pod stuff. honestly, was thinking about the helix but a big deciding factor is that they are still selling the hd pro x, and haven't updated it in 2 or so years... and there is at least 1 bug: won't retain the setlist name after a load and subsequent shutdown/restart. Support tried to convince me that was intentional, I suppose that is possible but seems unlikely. Not to mention their horrible midi implementation (sorry, no support for sending a prog change > 64) - no sysx bulk send/rec. Then again what do you expect for $500. I'll stop kicking dirt. Every device has limitations and I'm sure there is some to be found in the axe, but really respect the freq updates.

Nice to see a lively forum for the axe fx... I'll be the guy asking stupid questions so... thanks in advance! Glad to be a part of the community!

Welcome to the club! I don't think you'll be disappointed :)
I don't think so either. I kind of cut my teeth on a 2112 and knew every inch of that thing... nothing has really measured up since in terms of depth of control (lots of other things have sounded better IMO). From what I've read the Axe is all that and a bag of chips so... looking fwd to it!

thank you for the warm welcome gentlemen!

I don't think so either. I kind of cut my teeth on a 2112 and knew every inch of that thing... nothing has really measured up since in terms of depth of control (lots of other things have sounded better IMO). From what I've read the Axe is all that and a bag of chips so... looking fwd to it!

thank you for the warm welcome gentlemen!
Yes sir - a Costco sized bag of chips, too ;)

Hello, just ordered the 3 last night... too soon to start posting about it? jk. have never even played one, but have certainly read up and watched a zillion demos.

Haha! I was posting on this forum about 3 months before I got my first Axe! I had read up on it so much and watched so many vids that I was able to help some of the other guys out. That said, when I got it, I realised I still had a LOT to learn and am still finding new, awesome things in it everyday!

Welcome aboard!!

(recently) coming from the pod stuff. honestly, was thinking about the helix but a big deciding factor is that they are still selling the hd pro x, and haven't updated it in 2 or so years... and there is at least 1 bug: won't retain the setlist name after a load and subsequent shutdown/restart. Support tried to convince me that was intentional, I suppose that is possible but seems unlikely. Not to mention their horrible midi implementation (sorry, no support for sending a prog change > 64) - no sysx bulk send/rec. Then again what do you expect for $500. I'll stop kicking dirt. Every device has limitations and I'm sure there is some to be found in the axe, but really respect the freq updates.

Nice to see a lively forum for the axe fx... I'll be the guy asking stupid questions so... thanks in advance! Glad to be a part of the community!
Congratulations on becoming a fractal member your really going to love the axefxiii.
It has so many possibilities and sounds i lose so much time. It flies by a couple of hours at a time lol
And the fractal community is awesome with all of there knowledge and always so very helpful. 😃

Haha! I was posting on this forum about 3 months before I got my first Axe! I had read up on it so much and watched so many vids that I was able to help some of the other guys out. That said, when I got it, I realised I still had a LOT to learn and am still finding new, awesome things in it everyday!

Welcome aboard!!
hehe, so I'm late then. got it. thanks you sir!

Congratulations on becoming a fractal member your really going to love the axefxiii.
It has so many possibilities and sounds i lose so much time. It flies by a couple of hours at a time lol
And the fractal community is awesome with all of there knowledge and always so very helpful. 😃
thank you. re community - I've seen... there is a lot of actual know how in the forums here... lots to absorb from reading alone let alone interacting!

Welcome to the fun! Never too early to start posting / asking questions. We all learned from each other, and from experimentation.
thank you... sleestak. so... I'm assuming the name is a ref to 'marshal will and holly'? right on.

Hey! No posting on the forum until you actually have your III in hand! :D

Actually, probably a good idea to post now, because once you have it, time as you know it will cease to exist. Spending a few minutes playing through your new rig will somehow turn into hours. But they will be joyful hours.

I was perfectly happy with my POD XT Live, and figured the Axe-Fx was way out of my price range. Then I heard one being used by a local band live, and I left the club that night knowing I had to own one. Now I have a II, and XL+, and a III. Best gear money I've ever spent. Welcome to the brotherhood!

Welcome Mike,

You're gonna freak out when you get the Fractal!!
Look forward to hearing your impressions
Thanks
Pauly

I'm sure I will. Right now I'm rushing myself to finish building a studio rack so it'll look pretty! I figure if it isn't finished by the time I get it I might be tempted to just stick it in the existing rack... and then it probably won't come out for a looong time. looking fwd to being obsessed!

Welcome aboard. Since you brought up the set-list issue with the HD Pro X, Just though I should mention that there is currently no 'set-list' function in the Axe-Fx III. It is on their radar and being worked on.

thank you Moke... I only used setlist because it was the way helix forced me to work. Honestly would be a lot happier with 500+ sequential presets I could load/dump. As I understand the axe has channels and scenes. Not exactly sure how I'm going to utilize those. Just happy to not have to have 'studio' presets and 'live' presets anymore!

Congratulations Mike
Your going to enjoy every minute of time that some how just slips by lol.:cool:
Enjoy t
Let the good times roll ;)

Back
Top Bottom