Just ordered these ASI IEM buds with built in mics......................

Ok used the ASI device this past Saturday. They were amazing. I ran stereo out 2 from AX3 to input of my Mipro IEM system. Then just used the out 2 knob to dial that in. Then you just blead in whatever you want the mics in ears to be. Simple and I was happy to have my sound and still be able to talk and hear and everything as how is when not using in ears. I do backups vocals and I was able to sing without straining to hear pitch. Felt effortless to sing. I think I may keep. Still trying to decide.
I just bought the ASI device yesterday. Plan to use it the exact same way except I'll be running mono. I do backup vox as well. Curious to know how you could hear your vocals. Did you have a floor wedge or were you able to hear your voice through the ambient mics without any amplification?

I just bought the ASI device yesterday. Plan to use it the exact same way except I'll be running mono. I do backup vox as well. Curious to know how you could hear your vocals. Did you have a floor wedge or were you able to hear your voice through the ambient mics without any amplification?
Used a side fill that the singer uses by me.

I just picked up a set and tried them out last night! The jury is still out on these.... I heard limiter pumping as well but I didn't have enough time to experiment to see if it could be rectified I'm thinking level issues but not sure. My presets sound very different which I expected which is a completely different issue given the presets were built using a floor wedge.

I just picked up a set and tried them out last night! The jury is still out on these.... I heard limiter pumping as well but I didn't have enough time to experiment to see if it could be rectified I'm thinking level issues but not sure. My presets sound very different which I expected which is a completely different issue given the presets were built using a floor wedge.
Have you had a chance to work with the 3dme more since your last gig? Have you been able to get rid of the limiter pumping...I believe that's why the OP sent his back. I'm VERY interested in a set, but am leary due to the high price and this issue.

Have you had a chance to work with the 3dme more since your last gig? Have you been able to get rid of the limiter pumping...I believe that's why the OP sent his back. I'm VERY interested in a set, but am leary due to the high price and this issue.
Yes I have! I used them but not in a high volume environment. I think this is where the issue lies that and having the right limiter and volume settings. I didn't have my monitor sends setup correctly (mono vrs stereo) most of my presets are stereo and have sense made changes to that. I am going to spend more time with it tomorrow and experiment with them in a high SPL environment! I will take measurements and note settings and post my finding here.

I will say so far I really like them! I don't like the stock foam ear pieces they provide so I have temporarily replaced those with a generic silicone triple flange ear sleeve which gives a much better seal and are way more comfortable! I do plan on getting molds done in the near future!

I made up an XLR to stereo 1/8" pin to and use AUX 1-2 panned from my board and it works like it should, I also tried it coming from OP-2 L R send from the FM and no problems there either.

I have never really been much of an IEM user, I have used them in the past but I have always liked to hear my sound in an open room environment coming off a wedge or cab, so pretty much new to IEM's.

So I just got through messing around with the issue and found that you need to have the Mic level set lower than the limiter threshold setting or it will pump!

Also it's a good idea to have the startup squeal suppressor on if you turn on before you put the buds in to your ears! going to save the drivers for sure! Other than that these are pretty straightforward.

Just as an FYI I was playing with monitor volume around 100dB +/- room measurement, -8 on the Mic level, limiter db-spl threshold det at 96 for reference!

Last edited:
So I just got through messing around with the issue and found that you need to have the Mic level set lower than the limiter threshold setting or it will pump!

Also it's a good idea to have the startup squeal suppressor on if you turn on before you put the buds in to your ears! going to save the drivers for sure! Other than that these are pretty straightforward.

Just as an FYI I was playing with monitor volume around 100dB +/- room measurement, -8 on the Mic level, limiter db-spl threshold det at 96 for reference!
Mine are not near me right now but I think I’m running about 90dB with some compression, but I don’t remember how much. I never noticed any pumping.

Mine are not near me right now but I think I’m running about 90dB with some compression, but I don’t remember how much. I never noticed any pumping.
If you have a high SPL environment and run the Mic level up then use the Limiter to bring down the volume it will pump. Best I can figure is you need to have the Mic level under the Limiter setting.

Example: If your max stage SPL is 102dB +/- and you set your IEM mix to volume that's comfortable then mix in the Ambient Mic volume to where you want it then set the limiter 2-4 dB above that. This way if you have any transant volume spikes the limiter will keep the Mic volume from going over that setting! Move the settings in the opposite direction and you will hear it start to pump because the Mic volume is set over the limiter threshold and will constantly want to limit the incoming sound.

If you have a high SPL environment and run the Mic level up then use the Limiter to bring down the volume it will pump. Best I can figure is you need to have the Mic level under the Limiter setting.
I think that’s how mine is set. We occasionally peak at just over 100 dB, and I have the volume at 90%. I’m pretty sure I have a minimal amount of compression because there’s not much more volume that I need to control.

Found a used pair of these for a decent deal, might pull the trigger. Anyone have any updates on these? Lets pretend these don't have the ambient mic built in for a second; how is the quality of sound from the IEM's themselves? I use Shure se535s so im hoping they'd be significantly better at this price point

Found a used pair of these for a decent deal, might pull the trigger. Anyone have any updates on these? Lets pretend these don't have the ambient mic built in for a second; how is the quality of sound from the IEM's themselves? I use Shure se535s so im hoping they'd be significantly better at this price point
Be careful that they're not a previous gen...those are the only used ones I was able to find.

Be careful that they're not a previous gen...those are the only used ones I was able to find.
Yes it says they are Gen. 1. What is the difference? lol

Edit: Looks like there is a big difference lmao.

"New Complete 3DME BT System with Enhanced Features & Longer Battery Life.

Unlike any other In Ear Monitor, the 3DME Gen 2 continues its unique position as the only IEM with built in, active ambient microphones with an App to customize the mix. Gen 2 adds a monitor bypassing capability, whereby limiter and EQ functions can still be controlled from Front of House or a Monitor position when activated.

Also added is a lower limiter threshold, start up squeal suppressor (useful if the 3DME is turned on prior to inserting the ear pieces), an extended battery life to full eight hours on a single charge and an improved CROS function for Musicians with hearing limits in one ear."

Yes it says they are Gen. 1. What is the difference? lol

Edit: Looks like there is a big difference lmao.

"New Complete 3DME BT System with Enhanced Features & Longer Battery Life.

Unlike any other In Ear Monitor, the 3DME Gen 2 continues its unique position as the only IEM with built in, active ambient microphones with an App to customize the mix. Gen 2 adds a monitor bypassing capability, whereby limiter and EQ functions can still be controlled from Front of House or a Monitor position when activated.

Also added is a lower limiter threshold, start up squeal suppressor (useful if the 3DME is turned on prior to inserting the ear pieces), an extended battery life to full eight hours on a single charge and an improved CROS function for Musicians with hearing limits in one ear."
Is that the set listed on Reverb? If so I looked at those and almost pulled the trigger myself only he had them listed as a Gen 2 so I backed out of the deal. To the guys credit he did let me know they were a Gen 1 model.

Last edited:
Is that the set listed on Reverb? If so I looked at those and almost pulled the trigger myself only he had them listed as a Gen 2 so I backed out of the deal. To the guys credit he did let me know they were a Gen 1 model.
Yeah they are. He has them listed as Gen 1 now. Good thing I posted here because I would’ve had no idea lol

I was able to use mine for the first time last night at practice. I didn't have a feed into them, just as earplugs. I was pretty dang impressed. I'll run my AxeIII into them next week at practice and hopefully will be equally or even more impressed so I feel comfortable using them at a gig next Sat.

Back
Top Bottom