Just ordered MFC.... question

Hi, I'm an italian guy and I'm waiting my ultra+mfc101, they will be there at the end of January.
So, with my band (www.overtures.it) we play with a PC for synth and other stuff, we play with metronome in our personal in-ear system. So with my previous equipment (g-system+Marshall) I use to connect a midi cable from the PC to the g-sys to switch present during the show, so I can go everywhere on stage without any problem (wireless+in-ear monitor+no need to be on my foot controller)

With mfc and ultra I plan to use a 5din midi cable from pc to MFC then a 7din midi cable from MFC to Ultra.
I'll use set mode to have different song list so Set1 in a 1h30' gig, Set2 in a 1h gig ecc ecc.

Is there any method to send a midi message from the pc to the MFC to "tell" to switch from a song to another?

Sorry about my poor english and thanks in advance ^^

I don't have the MFC-101 yet, because I'm still waiting for my "waiting-list" discount email (July 2008).

However, according to the published manual from Fractal Audio Systems, the MFC-101 can receive MIDI Program Change messages via its MIDI IN port. This allows other devices (like your scene-changing PC) to remotely control the MFC-101 by loading its presets, which in turn send the usual MIDI instructions to the MIDI OUT port as if they had been selected via footswitch.

See section 12.4.4 in the MFC-101 manual for more information.

Thank's but for example:
I've the preset #13 set as 2nd switch on song1 and 1st switch on song2
I think that if I'm in song1, PC send PC#13 and MFC goes to second switch, if I'm on song2 MFC goes on 1st switch, but how to automatic switch from song1 to song2?
It's like a midi message to tell MFC the command "bank up" or "bank down", is it possible?

Back
Top Bottom